Too often when I try to email someone via their craigslist post they will receive an encrypted or garbled up message. If they reply to my email (usually with "huh?") I can see my original message to them looking like it got encrypted or something. My sent message is clear, and if I cc myself it will usually also return clear.

Is this something to do with blackberries redirecting emails coupled with the craigslist remailer? Or is there some setting I have to set? Any regular direct sent emails seem to be fine. I've got service with USCellular and email with yahoo. I also recently had my phone warrenty replaced and the issue was the same with the previous phone. Previous phone was the 8330m and this new one is the 8330 no m. Both phones were up to date with their firmware.

And this doesn't happen all the time either so it's real frustrating. Plus I've missed out on a few deals because of it I suspect.

Help?????
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:12 PM
    No idea what's going on but the BB isn't to blame. If it works fine everywhere but Craigslist then I suspect that's where the trouble lies.
    08-19-09 01:15 PM
    craigslist is suspect - encryption on the other end?
    08-19-09 02:41 PM
    I sent a tech support help request to craigslist and have only received a canned FAQ reply so far.
    Yesterday the email messed up again and I Made note that the recipient used aol as their email service. I'll have to take note of what others are using if or when they reply top a garbled up message but I suspect most will delete it think it is some sort of spam.

08-20-09 02:54 PM
    I know what you are talking about, it almost looks like ASCII text. It's been a problem I've had for years, with various devices, and various carriers.

It usually happens to me when the memory is too low.
    08-20-09 09:23 PM
    This happenes to me too with CL. One guy said my email was in Russian. I'm sure I've missed out on plenty of deals with this.
    08-21-09 01:03 PM
    I'm going to try using copy/paste the address in a new email instead of clicking the CL reply to see if that improves the situation.

08-25-09 10:38 AM
    I had this problem with my 8330 when I first purchased it (Sprint). I think I found the answer in this forum. Anyways, I had to go to my Sprint account and delete the automatic reply "sent from your Sprint Blackberry". Once I did that, it quit sending the hieroglphyics to people. Try that.
    08-25-09 10:39 AM
    Hey Swayneke, help....sos....not sure how to or where to go to ""delete the automatic reply "sent from your Sprint Blackberry"" like you suggested. Problem as you understand is very anoying. I have the 8330 Tour and would appreciate directions on how to do as you suggested. I've spent the entire day on the phone with Srpint and they don't have the first clue.....
    06-27-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD