So, I dropped my 8330 last night. This morning I notice a crack in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Its a good solid crack, all the way through the depth of the screen.

So, do I have to invoke my insurance policy, pay the $50 and get a new one. Is it possible to repair myself?

HELP! (Please)
    07-02-09 12:54 PM
    So, I dropped my 8330 last night. This morning I notice a crack in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Its a good solid crack, all the way through the depth of the screen.

So, do I have to invoke my insurance policy, pay the $50 and get a new one. Is it possible to repair myself?

HELP! (Please)
    Just wanna confirm that the screen that cracked is in fact the outer screen, with the BlackBerry name on it, and not the LCD screen under it. Either one is fairly cheap and easy to replace. If there is nothing else wrong with your berry and its just simply an issue of replacing the screen (outer or LCD), I would just buy the replacement on ebay. They are fairly cheap. And as far as doing it your self, you can. You can look for a toturial video on youtube, or search on here there is a tutorial on how to take apart the housing. If it is in fact the LCD screen, I have a brand new spare one. PM me and we can talk about it.
    07-02-09 01:13 PM
    Just noticed you have a 8330. The LCD screen I have is for the 8300, 8310, and 8320. I'm not 100% sure that its compatible with the 8330.
    07-02-09 01:16 PM
    Just wanna confirm that the screen that cracked is in fact the outer screen, with the BlackBerry name on it
    Until you asked, I didn't even thing to check - I just saw a crack. Its the outer screen.

Let me research how compatible things are and get back with you.

Thanks
    07-02-09 01:28 PM
    If its just the outer screen then you can get that at ebay for a couple of bucks, make sure you buy one for the 8330, cause the ones for the 8300,10,20 are not compatible with the 8330. Slight difference in the design.
    07-02-09 01:35 PM
    was checking for you and found on ebay for as low as $3 including shipping.

Just search for OEM curve 8330 LCD lens screen cover
    07-02-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD