Alright well, I have no idea how this happened exactly. I plugged my phone in to it's charger, and went to take a shower. When I came back, it was unplugged and on my bed (my charger hangs over my bed so it must have unplugged but it only fell like a foot down onto cushion). So of course I went and picked it up and noticed a large crack on the screen. The odd part is that the crack is under the screen. As in I can't feel the crack, but I can see it. It's underneath the screen.

It seems sort of strange and I'm not really sure what to do about it. It looks really bad with this huge crack but it's fully functional.

What should I do?
    05-17-09 03:50 PM
    use your insurance?
    05-17-09 03:52 PM
    Is the crack in the plastic faceplate or the actual LCD underneath? It sounds like it's just the faceplate, and if that's the case, you can just order a new one from a site like cnn.cn and replace it yourself.

I'd be willing to guess this is all you would need.
    Last edited by savioAMG; 05-17-09 at 03:57 PM.
    05-17-09 03:54 PM
    Does the LCD function fine? I'm thinking you just cracked the lens cover, these peel right off and you can get a new one for a few bucks, here is a place lots of us go though for parts Cellular Accessories - Apple, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, 3G, HTC, Alcatel, Microsoft, Accessories Store, So
    05-17-09 03:55 PM
    Is the crack in the plastic faceplate or the actual LCD underneath? It sounds like it's just the faceplate, and if that's the case, you can just order a new one from a site like cnn.cn and replace it yourself.
    That looks like what might be cracked.
    05-17-09 04:22 PM
    That looks like what might be cracked.
    The screen is completely normal, undistorted, it appears like nothing is wrong with it, then the LCD is fine. The part I showed you is what will be needing to be replaced.
    05-17-09 04:25 PM
    I dropped mine and did the same thing, it's very easy to replace...
    05-17-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD