Does anyone have tips on replacing just the hard plastic lens over the LCD. I have the replacement lens.

I am looking to remove the old and replace the new without taking apart the whole housing.

Any comments would be appreciated.
    01-24-08 12:17 PM
    Take your pick from here: Screen replacement.
    01-24-08 01:19 PM
    Hello. we sell screens for curve on amazon.com . . Go to amazon.com and type for blackberry curve glass lens and you will find our item it is less than $10 shipped.. thanks
    10-02-08 10:25 AM
    Hello. we sell screens for curve on amazon.com . . Go to amazon.com and type for blackberry curve glass lens and you will find our item it is less than $10 shipped.. thanks
    Hence, he already has the replacement lens
    10-02-08 10:29 AM
    Guess your main purpose is to spam the board on old threads with your advertising.

No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) within the forums. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to promote or advertise your Accessories, Services, Software, Themes etc. on CrackBerry.com please contact Kevin Michaluk directly. Kevin can be reached via email, kevin at crackberry.com.

Individuals looking to Sell or Swap personally owned items (i.e. Used Unlocked AT&T BlackBerry 8700 for Sale) may post in the Buy & Sell forum.

Please note, if individuals (not related to the company selling a product or service) post on an item that is or becomes available in the ShopCrackBerry.com store, if available for the same price or less we reserve the right to update posts to this link (gotta keep in business!).
    10-02-08 12:38 PM
    10-02-08 01:35 PM
    i would be verrrrry careful when doing this without removing the front housing. as long as you have a t5 and t6 precision screwdriver and some patience it is really quite simple. search youtube for video instructions on removing the housing.
    10-02-08 03:28 PM
    hi, if i purchase the lense for an 8520, does it come with the rubber part for inbetween the buttons? if not is there a way i can purchase that?
    08-10-10 12:41 AM
    I had to replace a cracked screen on my 8330 it got ran over by a golf cart. Took it apart in no time. It just didn't want to go back together very easy. Never did get right, I got it just good enough for government work.
    08-11-10 12:31 AM
    I had to replace a cracked screen on my 8330 it got ran over by a golf cart. Took it apart in no time. It just didn't want to go back together very easy. Never did get right, I got it just good enough for government work.
    Did you replace the lens only, or the whole housing? Sometimes it's easier to replace the housing, you can pick a new color while you're at it. Or are you talking about a cracked LCD on your Blackberry Curve?
    08-26-10 10:16 AM
    hi, if i purchase the lense for an 8520, does it come with the rubber part for inbetween the buttons? if not is there a way i can purchase that?
    The blacberry 8520 glass lens go with the rubber stuff under the buttons. This kind of lens can be directly installed to the phone. Hope it can help you.
    09-04-10 05:14 AM
    The blacberry 8520 glass lens go with the rubber stuff under the buttons. This kind of lens can be directly installed to the phone. Hope it can help you.
    In my understanding, the lens is just the clear plastic window over the LCD. It only comes with itself and maybe the adhesive to glue it to the housing.

The housing is the whole colored plastic part and the full housing includes the keyboard and trackball/button panel.
    09-04-10 07:32 AM
    i saw a youtube video step by step on this the other day. be careful removing the side rails they break easy and have 2 hidden screws that are not visible until after a few steps. search youtube
    09-05-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD