Hello all. This is my first time posting but I've been lurking for a few weeks since I got my curve. You guys tempted me over from a Treo 800 and I haven't regretted it one bit. Also took some advice from another thread and got myself a Seido hard case. Quality. I'll be grabbing the belt clip next.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a decent headset for the curve. I tried the BlueAnt Z9i and returned it. It may have been my own fault not charging it but the thing had static if I wasn't holding the phone right next to my ear. Kind of defeats the purpose and would get me pulled over for possibly being mental instead of just using my phone without hands free.

My second question. This one is probably really simple but I have had no luck finding an answer. Is it possible to set the default zoom on the web browser? By default I'm at the tiniest setting. Itd be sweet if I could even get one setting closer in then that.

Thanks for all the help everyone. This is a great site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dud3r; 08-22-08 at 08:08 PM.
    08-22-08 07:56 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    You can find the answer to your zoom question here: BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    08-22-08 08:18 PM
    If you are looking for a great headset, try the Plantronics dicovery 925. It works great and looks good in your ear. This site is the cheapest place to get it that i found. There is videos on Youtube as well, check it out...
    08-22-08 08:23 PM
    08-22-08 08:25 PM
    As for the first question (headset)...
    I understand everyone has a big [off-color euphamism here] for bluetooth head sets. I have found the combo of the speakerphone and the (wired) stereo headset that came with the unit, I'm all set.
    There's no worries about pairing, charging, damaging, or losing some other precious device.
    So far I have't had issues of the other end of the call not being able to hear me clearly, either.
    Just my .02 to think about before you toss around 100 clams.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 08:26 PM
    That is the point of Bluetooth, no wires...
    08-22-08 08:28 PM
    Yeah, like I was saying, I've been lurking around here for a long time. I've read most of the stickied posts between this section and the main BlackBerry section. I must just be overlooking the default zoom.

As far as the headset, I just like to have a recommendation from someone with the same hardware. That makes the deal for me. I can read good reviews all day long. Actually, I've read all the reviews for the headsets I'm interested in right here on this site. If I could get away with a wired, I'd save the bucks. I don't get it though. My gave my mom a headset that came in a bundle when I bought my GF her phone. She can walk all around the two story house while her phone is on the charger in her room and have no problems. She just doesn't know who's calling her. My Z9i would static if I held the phone an arms distance from my ear the headset was in. It could have very well been a battery issue though. I never charged it. Paired it, made a call and tested the distance. There was major static so it went right back in the store.
    08-22-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD