I just got my first Crackberry a few days ago, maybe someone can help with a couple of questions..

I have a small notification on the top left, it's a little globe that was not there before, what is that, and how do I get rid of it?

My second question is about the browser. Before I got the Curve, I had a T-Mo Dash, and I liked it very much, the brower showed me almost all websites like on my computer, the Curve doesn't. I don't like the desktop view setting, it is too slow. Is there a better browser that can be downloaded?
    The same with my email. With my old phone, I could see HTML email and could read it, with Curve, almost all my emails are just a bunch of links!

I really like my Curve so far, except for the browser

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by PiJuice15; 04-16-08 at 03:30 PM.
    04-16-08 03:27 PM
    you can download opera mini, the browser is better.
    04-16-08 03:31 PM
    Not sure about your globe, the best browser available right now, hands down, is Opera Mini 4.1.

http://www.operamini.com/beta/

Welcome to CB
    04-16-08 03:32 PM
    Mmmm. Pi Juice. Tasty! Welcome to CB!
    04-16-08 03:39 PM
    about your globe after looking around a little here is what ive come up with:

This is a notification for a browser push message. If you sign up for any push services (like weather updates) then it will push them to the BlackBerry.

The actual messages should be in the Messages folder.
    04-16-08 03:41 PM
    welcome to cb !
    04-16-08 03:44 PM
    Thanks to all for the welcomes!

flairbrtndr3: Thanks! There was some webpage that loaded when I clicked on the message, I have no idea how I did that! I keep the message icon hidden, I prefer keeping my inboxes seperate.

Time to download Opera Mini!

Thanks to all for the help, I'm sure I will have more questions in the future, lol.

See ya'll around!
    04-16-08 04:01 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-16-08 04:07 PM
    glad i could help, welcome to the addiction
    04-16-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD