Ok I have a Sprint 8330 and have had one since the first bunch that was released but a friend got the new red one and I noticed a few differences im hoping someone can advise on....

1. the contrast or screen seems much more brilliant...maps and colors have high contrast and colors pop and seem brighter

2. he has icons for aol/yahoo mail when I just show the icon with the world next to it.

im on the bes he is not is the only difference..i checked the screen options and they are identical....only difference is I may have dropped mine once lol thats the only thing i can think of

any help would be appreciated
    09-01-08 10:22 PM
    1. Which model is it that has the more brilliant screen? There really isn't any difference in them.

2. Those are pushed by the carrier, or could have be removed by your BES activation.

Dropping a BB would probably not affect it this way, since it is working well in other ways.
    09-01-08 10:28 PM
    Your profile says you have an 8130, not an 8330. That difference would explain all the differences. If you have an older 8330, and just haven't updated your profile, then you may be running an earlier OS version. You can check that in Options / About. If your friend has a later OS, that might explain the additional icons on his screen. As for the brightness, that could be just a manufacturing variation, or later 8330's could have brighter screens, but I haven't heard anyone say that.
    09-01-08 10:31 PM
    I didnt update my profile but it is definitely a curve I carry now...I have the green sprint one that first launched everyone else has the new red one...its much brighter...i figured bes did the rest
    09-02-08 09:50 AM
    Look at them both in the same exact light as the light sensor dims and brights the screens accordingly. Since you dropped yours, you COULD have damaged the sensor, but that's a long shot.
    09-02-08 09:59 AM
    Green Sprint Curve?
    09-02-08 10:06 AM
    well its platinum but looks green as **** to me
    09-02-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD