With all the rebooting I have been doing while trying to get my OS 4.5 memory leak under control (still leaking, but no longer gushing), I have noticed a couple of memory related things

1) The memory cleaner setting of enabled/disabled will no survive a reboot. It will always be at disabled afterward.

2) Mobipocket reader does not quit just because you used the command "quit". It is still there when you bring up the select application window. Fortunately the shift-Q command seems to work. Interestingly, this program again shows up as active after a reboot even if you have not started it since the reboot. What's up with that?
    10-13-08 03:52 PM
    sometimes I'm led to believe that certain devices just do weird stuff. yes, not exactly a scientific viewpoint, but how else can one explain it. e.g.: there are several apps (BB Messenger, Browser, et al) that magically work their way to the front of the switch app list even though they were properly closed and not used for quite some time. this can understandably lead one to lose faith in the thought that any application is ever really shut down. too bad there's no real way to check and see what's still running in the background
    10-14-08 12:48 AM
    sometimes I'm led to believe that certain devices just do weird stuff. yes, not exactly a scientific viewpoint, but how else can one explain it. e.g.: there are several apps (BB Messenger, Browser, et al) that magically work their way to the front of the switch app list even though they were properly closed and not used for quite some time. this can understandably lead one to lose faith in the thought that any application is ever really shut down. too bad there's no real way to check and see what's still running in the background
    Those apps you speak of are always running, even if you close them.
    10-14-08 12:53 AM
    Alt-Esc will show you what's running in the background. There are 5 apps that can never be closed: the Browser, Call Log, Home Screen. Messages, and Messenger.

Memory Cleaner being disabled by a reboot is a known issue with OS 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD