I just bought a blackberry 8310 curve from ATT. I'm having some trouble configuring it, and would be very grateful for any help.

1. I loaded all my contacts from outlook (6000), but now am having trouble finding my phone contacts. is there any way to set it up so that there is an icon on the home screen where I see only a selected group of contacts, or a way to filter the contacts in the address book?
    personal and business does not work because I can't go through all 6000 outlook contacts and set the all up to one certain thing.

2. Whenever I have a calender alert, it pops up on both my phone and my computer. Is there any way to make it pop up only on the computer?

3. is there any way to transfer certain emails from outlook onto the blackberry through the usb cable? I do not have the data plan.

thanks,
    Jonathan
    09-05-08 02:09 AM
    1. Outlook categories sync to the BlackBerry as filters. If you have your 6000 contacts categorized in Outlook already, they are already ready to be filtered on the BlackBerry. If you've never categorized them, you've got a lot work to do...
    2. Not to my knowledge.
    3. You don't need a data plan. Just install Desktop Manager and all emails will sync from Outlook to the BlackBerry using the USB cable.
    09-05-08 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD