I am testing a Curve 8330 from Alltel. I have read various posts here, at PinStack and Blackberry. I keep coming across postings about setting up the email accounts and their relationships to the calendar features, especially Outlook. I am not sure what that means. Foe example, my current email setup makes reference to CIME (not sure I have that completely accurate) while posts have also spoken about an iCal relationship with an email account. Can someone help me out with this? I do have Blackberry Desktop and have done a couple syncs, but I often get duplicate entries in Outlook 2003, etc. I am not sure if that is related to my prior question. Thank you for your time.
    10-30-08 10:11 AM
    If you have more than one email account you will have this problem.

Assuming you have more than one you need to...

Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books and delete all entries with [CICAL] after them.

The CICAL entry is created whenever you add an email address or re-send the service books. So you will have to delete it/them whenever you do one or the other.

If you BB calendar has multiple entries now you will want to delete it and re-sync with your desktop assuming it is the way you want it.

To delete your BB calendar you have to connect to DM then ...

Backup & Restore --> Advanced --> Device Databases (right side) --> Calendar, Calendar ALL, Calendar Options. Highlight any and all that have a number next to them and select clear. Once you are done hit Back then Main Menu and run Synchronize. When it gets to the calendar it should ask you if you want to add however many items you have in Outlook.

Now if you only have one email account then I don't think all of this will help you. It might be something else.

Goos luck.
    Last edited by TheBronx; 10-30-08 at 11:47 AM. Reason: [email protected]
    10-30-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks for all the helpful info TheBronx. I appreciate your time. I plan to review your suggestions and move forward. Thanks again.
    10-30-08 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD