I am looking for a simple corded (as opposed to bluetooth) headset for my Curve and haven't had much luck finding anything. Any recommendations?

I want something I can leave in my car for when I either don't have the bluetooth earpiece with me or just don't want to bother with it.

I had a Jabra C250 that I used with a Treo that was great (and cost me $5), but it is 2.5 and the BB is 3.5. I know I could probably get some sort of adapter at Radio Shack that would make it work, but I have a feeling that using an adapter would cause lots of crackling during calls. Has anyone tried that?

Ideally, I'd like to get something like the C250, that goes over one ear and has a mini-boom, and works well and is relatively cheap.

And I know the hybrid earpiece/headphone thing that came with the Curve is an option, but I use it primarily to listen to music and don't want to leave it in my car. Plus I don't want to be have to deal with two earpieces just to use the phone.

Thanks
    04-24-08 02:29 PM
    I bought on eBay a 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor made by Blackberry and it works great. I am using all my old Treo hands free headsets too.
    I have yet to find a bluetooth headset to anywhere close to my old jabra corded ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 03:19 PM
    I am between the one-ear one that came with my BB and the Stereo (2 ear) version. 2 ear for when I'm out and listening to music, 1 ear for other stuff.
    04-24-08 03:49 PM
    I got this one. It works well for calls.. not the greatest for music.. but then again, its super cheap!
    04-24-08 05:21 PM
    I searched amazon and got a replacement for the original headset that comes with the phone. i keep losing my for some reason, this is the THIRD pair I'm getting.

Anywho, this is the one i got: OEM Blackberry Stereo Music MP3 Headset for 8300 CURVE (just search for that since i can't post links till i have 10 posts)

$2 for the headset itself; $5 shipped. can't beat it. woot.
    03-10-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD