When transferring mp3 files to my BB, I have been selecting the option to optimize the files for playback. Do any of you know what that actually does?

On a related note, I'm probably going to go through a whole bunch of my music and tweak it in Audacity so that it sounds good on my BB. I'm constantly having to change volume levels and EQ levels on my radio. I think I'll load all soft songs into Audacity, compress and normalize them, and then load them back onto the BB. Now *that's* what I call optimizing.
    06-13-08 05:36 PM
    I have done both direct transfer of MP3 ands also converted and have not noticed anything different. Perhaps it saves some file space.

BB Curve 8320 - with 8 gig MicroSD card
    06-13-08 06:42 PM
    I was told it makes the files smaller (without losing too much, if any, quality) so you can fit more on ur card/phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 11:16 PM
    When transferring mp3 files to my BB, I have been selecting the option to optimize the files for playback. Do any of you know what that actually does?

On a related note, I'm probably going to go through a whole bunch of my music and tweak it in Audacity so that it sounds good on my BB. I'm constantly having to change volume levels and EQ levels on my radio. I think I'll load all soft songs into Audacity, compress and normalize them, and then load them back onto the BB. Now *that's* what I call optimizing.
    Once you have a song loaded in Audacity what do you do with it to increase it's volume?
    06-14-08 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD