What does it mean in the blackberry messenger when you see..content protection enabled? Does anyone have any insight into that???What its used for exactly or its purpose??? Thanks.......
    09-05-08 08:17 PM
    Encryption

About content protection

Content protection is designed to encrypt your BlackBerry device data. When content protection is turned on, your device uses a private key to encrypt data as it is stored on the device, including data that your device receives when it is locked. Your device decrypts data as you access it.

You can set content protection to include or exclude your contacts. If you turn on content protection for contacts and you receive a call when the device is locked, the caller name does not appear on the screen.
    09-05-08 08:33 PM
    so when youre trying to reach someone and have a conversation with them using blackberry messenger..what does that mean when they have content protection enabled?? Does that mean they dont wanna be bothered at that time?
    09-05-08 08:38 PM
    That is great question, I do not think that it would as content protection encrypts data. Not sure how this would affect BBM, unless as your message comes into the phone it get encrypted and BBM cannot read it. Sorry, but maybe one of the other great folks here will know. keep checking back.
    09-05-08 08:43 PM
    Thanks my friend i appreciate the help thus far....
    09-05-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD