Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi everyone,

I started thinking - I know this can hurt but I have question

In general options under security settings, there is a content compression option - that is enabled.

With this enabled, can it affect the time that it takes to send an MMS or picture by email? I have seen this issue brought up in several threads. I know that when I send MMS or Email with a picture it always takes a long time. I thought it was network seeing EVDO, but all other data function is just fine.
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-25-09 at 04:37 PM.
    04-25-09 04:26 PM
    thats a good question. for me, sometimes it takes 4 seconds to send an email with a pic, and sometimes it takes 30 seconds to send the same email.. i always figured it was network related, but maybe we can get an answer here..
    04-25-09 04:28 PM
    I always wondered about the content compression setting myself.

I guess a still have a bad taste in my mouth from the early days of disk compression back in the Windows 3.0 days when my hard drive capacity was in MB, not GB.

Since the 8330 has a good bit of memory, for my needs anyway, I've never used it.

I'm curious though, what is your File Free? I'm running in the low 40s with no compression.
    04-25-09 04:31 PM
    im around 43 with compression enabled.
    04-25-09 04:34 PM
    I run consistantly 37-38, will go up to 41-42 after a battery reset. I run with compression enabled and keep all my pictures on teh SD card except the one I use as my background.

It can take me as much as 3-4 minutes to send a picture in email - I might have to disable the compression and see if this changes. I do think this will hurt the phone at all
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-25-09 at 04:41 PM.
    04-25-09 04:36 PM
    well what is does is compress emails, sms, mms and stuff in the background and unless you have lots of apps and stuff you can disable it without losing any memory. i disabled mine and after about an hour with it being off my bb is much faster than before cause it doesnt have to compress everything in the background anymore. also i have been checking the bytes and app memory and within that same hour both acctually increased. once again if you have lots of apps or things that run in the background keep this on, cause it helps keep your memory, other than that you can go ahead and disable it.

I am not 100% sure this information is correct but this is what i have found out about it.
    05-23-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD