I installed the BB software and if I go to the Desktop Manager, then switch device manager, then switch from another device to a BB, then I click next, both the Palm and other device is greyed out and cannot be clicked. Now, I do not have the Palm software installed on this laptop but can't the Desktop Manager take the information directly from my Palm? This is a new laptop and I had never installed the Palm software on it. I dont think I even have the Palm software anymore. I tried to go to the Palm website and it won't download. Any other way to do this without paying the 10 bucks for the transfer at Verizon (they wont do it for free at my store) or doing the transfer myself one by one?
    Last edited by davisesq212; 07-29-08 at 02:46 PM.
    07-29-08 02:05 PM
    then switch from another BB device to a BB, then I click next, both the Palm and other device is greyed out and cannot be clicked.
    Do you see what you wrote? If you selected to go from BB to BB, you're not going to get the option for your Palm.
    07-29-08 02:09 PM
    OK, let me start again.....If I go to the Blackberry Device Manager, I click on "Switch Device Wizard". Then, I click on "Switch from another device to a Blackberry device". Then, it says, "Migration Device Wizard" and I click "next". Then, it says "Select Desktop Organizer" and I see two choices, both are which are greyed out. The 2 choices are 1) "Palm/ Treo or Palm Desktop Organizer" and 2) "Windows Mobile Software for devices such as a pocket PC or smartphone". I cannot go any further since I cannot select any of the choices.

Sorry for the miscommunication.
    07-29-08 02:46 PM
    Are both devices plugged in?
    07-29-08 02:52 PM
    yes I do.
    Both plugged in.
    07-29-08 03:09 PM
    No clue then. I've never gone from Palm to BB before so I don't know.
    07-29-08 03:44 PM
    I wrote a lengthy response then I noticed that you are talking about the 700w. As this is a windows device, doesn't it sync with Outlook? I was under the impression that WinMob devices used ActiveSync to sync with Outlook on the PC and a copy is included (?) with the device. Thus Palm Desktop would not be involved here.

Also, as your laptop is new it likely has Vista on it which has a version of ActiveSync built-in.
    07-29-08 04:01 PM
    No clue then. I've never gone from Palm to BB before so I don't know.
    Probably because we all know better than to even mention that word.

But seriously no idea bro, try going to a wireless store like a cellular repair shop I'm sure they would do it for you probably for a fee or they could give you tips on what to do.

You may be able to bluetooth contacts from one device to another as well.
    07-29-08 04:15 PM
    I wrote a lengthy response then I noticed that you are talking about the 700w. As this is a windows device, doesn't it sync with Outlook? I was under the impression that WinMob devices used ActiveSync to sync with Outlook on the PC and a copy is included (?) with the device. Thus Palm Desktop would not be involved here.

Also, as your laptop is new it likely has Vista on it which has a version of ActiveSync built-in.
    I don't use outlook on this laptop and this laptop does not use vista. I have never actually installed the active sync on this laptop either. My old job had my contacts and when I left, I downloaded them to my Palm. Now that I dont use the Palm, I want them moved to the Berry.
    07-29-08 08:46 PM
    I moved from a palm to a blackberry. I cannot recall how exactly I transfered data from it to the BB, but I remember it messed things up and I had to re-write most of my contacts.
    07-29-08 09:00 PM
    oh you can transfer everything via Bluetooth make sure both of your bluetooth are on and have found each othere and you can transfer all your contact
    07-29-08 09:14 PM
    oh you can transfer everything via Bluetooth make sure both of your bluetooth are on and have found each othere and you can transfer all your contact
    How exactly?
    07-29-08 10:28 PM
    hey sorry for the late responce. good thing i havent sold my treo ok now bare with me i got a 755. am sorry but the blue tooth only works with a nother phone that has a beam i can send my contact on my bb to the treo. any ways what i did was i down loaded palm software from here
    Palm - Support - Palm Desktop & HotSync Manager
    download it go through the steps now its recomended you have outlook
    now you need this program so palm software can connect to your outlook
    Palm - Support - Palm Desktop for Windows
    fill out the question on your right hand side and it should show you the way i can't help you more since i have 755 and i had no patience so i did 3/4 by hand till i found the second program then i transfered the rest by computer so dont get frustrated.
    07-30-08 01:37 AM
    I just switched to 8330. I have 750+ contacts to load onto phone contact list
    from Palm Treo (palm software, not Windows). The Verizon folks told me to
    export into Outlook, which works. Then, to transfer into Blackberry, the only choice it gives is Outlook Express, which is so lean that a bunch of important
    contact information (i.e. custom entries) are not transferred. Any body know a solution. I can't imagine that no one has had this happen before!
    06-27-09 03:44 PM
    You might try using gmail sync or windows live sync. They both push address and calender to your headset. I used google sync with my Palm Centro to my Curve.
    06-27-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD