I am sure this has been answered before but I can't seem to find a way to fix this. I have a curve 8330 on OS 4.5.0.77 with verizon. I was having some issues with google sync and my blackberry so I wiped the calendar to start over. Well now the Birthdays in my address book will not create a reminder on the BB calendar (heck I dont even have a device based calendar anymore only the google one). Is there any way to get my contact birthdays back on my BB calendar so that I get reminders for them?
    04-25-09 03:12 PM
    uncheck the all day event box in the appointment, and you also have to manually set the reminder for each birthday..
    04-25-09 04:09 PM
    I guess I should have rephrased my issue. The address book contains all the birthdays I need, but nowhere do they appear in the calendar. They used to, but now (after the calendar wipe) they dont and I cant seem to get them back.
    04-25-09 04:13 PM
    ahh, did you try going to your calendar>menu>select calendar>show all calendars?
    04-25-09 04:15 PM
    if that doesnt solve it, try going into the address book for each of the contacts with birthdays set, go to edit them and change the date and save, then change it back and save again..
    04-25-09 04:18 PM
    if that doesnt solve it, try going into the address book for each of the contacts with birthdays set, go to edit them and change the date and save, then change it back and save again..
    What a Pain in the backside, but it appears to be working (kinda). I have to select None for the Bday and save, then the date again. Thanks for the help. If you come up with a quicker way let me know as this will take a week or so to finish at this rate.
    04-25-09 05:51 PM
    lol, i can imagine... i'll let ya know..
    04-25-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD