Have the 8330 Sprint Blackberry and have not found a thread that addressed my circumstance. I do not intend to get a contract as I presently have a sprint phone with a cellular/data plan.

The phone demonstrates the following issues:

-Advanced Options shows no sim card, no SDHC media... Not sure if locked
    - Would like to use the existing features such as bluetooth, USB connection to access the internet
    - Have seen a number of 'hacks' that promise a number of desirable features. Cannot tell which are legitimate and which are exploits
    - installed the blackberry desktop application and have been able to update the core, default applications and have been able to download an app

My main interest is to be able to browse the internet either by USB cable or perhaps by bluetooth connection to a laptop with internet access.

Seeking an informed opinion on settings, hacks, etc. that would enable this. Much thanks in advance for an informed reply.
    02-19-11 10:44 AM
    Different venue ... same answer.

If you are asking if you can share your laptop's internet connection with your BlackBerry, the answer is "no".

There's no way to browse the internet on the 8330 without an active data plan from the carrier.
    02-19-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD