Ok... I have my personal email set up... I also wanted to add my work email on my blackberry... I have the enterprise plan... but when I was on the phone with cingular or shall I say at&t... they said i need some kind of CAL (license) thing that costs $99 and my IT people at work need it.... What if I don't want my IT people involved?? Can I set it up as another personal email??? I just basically want to see emails on the weekends instead of turning the computer on.... not sure why it's such a big kafluffle!!!

Oh and I also saw that I set myself up with the blackberry email... I kinda remember doing it but any tips on that I should know about??
    08-04-07 02:45 AM
    It really depends. Does your office have BES, or not? Plus, you getting company email on your device WILL ALWAYS involve I.T...
    08-04-07 06:59 AM
    yea we have the BES....
    hmmm... so basically i have to get that license for $99 huh?
    08-04-07 09:51 AM
    Yes but remember that anything that you do on your BB, your IT department will be able to see it also.
    08-04-07 10:18 AM
    Yes, registering the bb with the company's BES is always the best because it syncs with your outlook. A second choice, and if your company's firewall allows it, is via POP3, which does not provide all the features of the BES connection.
    08-04-07 06:09 PM
    when you say anything... doeds that mean my personal email as well?? and pics?? or just anything witht he work email??
    08-05-07 08:09 PM
    Consider anything that you do on your BB once it's connected to the company BES public view for your IT Department.
    08-06-07 06:38 AM
    Anything, everything, all, - a few words to break it down. We just want you to understand that ALL the data on your device is not yours once it's connected to BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) corporate server; it becomes company data.

Why?

Well, companies have to protect themselves. If you sent an email to the president, with some harsh words, his organization would come down hard on the company first! Then, they'd expect the company to deal with you. Make sense? This is another reason why some companies have disclaimers at the end of their outgoing emails...
    08-06-07 06:43 AM
    The bes emails can be seen by I.T. The personal email accounts that you setup and pictures that are loaded not emailed to your bb can only be seen by you unless your IT guy physically picks up your bb.
    08-08-07 09:41 AM
    The emails received may not be seen but all ougoing, personal or not can be forced via the IT policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-07 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD