I take photos at numerous weddings each year and thought it might be nice to email a photo or two while on location to relatives who couldn't be there. Is it possible to connect an SD card reader to the USB port on my curve, transfer data from the card so I could then email? Anyone have experience with this or is it a pipe dream?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 04:25 PM
    I may be missing something in your post but if you use the USB cable to connect with your computer it will show up like a hard drive. When you do an attachment to your Email just show its location. (f drive etc.) Depending on your MB you may be able to plug the card straight into the computer.
    03-22-08 06:12 PM
    Or how about emailing right from the BB?
    03-22-08 06:14 PM
    What are you using to take the photos, and what format is the memory card in question?

If you're using your BlackBerry device, you can e-mail them straight from the menu...

However, if you're using a digital camera, you will need to transfer them to your BlackBerry by either bluetooth or by using a computer (unless your digital camera uses the same memory card format).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 06:51 AM
    Sorry for the delayed response on this thread ... must have done something wrong posting from BB.

I shoot pics with a Nikon D200 which uses a CF card. I don't have a laptop in the field. I want to get files from the CF card to the BB so I can email them. Not sure if there's a card reader that can transmit via bluetooth. Was wondering if I could connect one to the USB port on the BB and download that way.
    03-26-08 01:20 AM
    i'm interested in doing the same thing. i'll be bicycle touring this summer with a small camera and my bb. i want to get the photos from the camera to the bb without a computer so i can email them. let's hear what people have done to make this happen.
    04-28-08 06:00 PM
    here's a suggestion, if ur camera takes and sd card. just use the adapter that came w/ the micro sd that u bought for ur berry and viola then u can go back and forth w/ the pics. if it doesn't, ahh hope ur cam had builted in wifi and web otherwise your screwed.
    04-28-08 07:06 PM
    does anyone know if the sdhc cards can be used in the sd adapters? i'm interested in putting an 4-8 gig micro SD or SDHC into my digital camera with the sd adapter unit

then i can take the SD/SDHC card out of the adapter and email pictures through my curve when i don't have computer access.

am i crazy? can this be done?
    04-29-08 10:40 AM
    SDHC cards only work in SDHC compatible devices, but standard SD cards work in both SD and SDHC devices. The SDHC trademark is licensed to ensure compatibility.
    As of early 2007, the simultaneous availability of non-standard 4 GB SD and of standards-compliant 4 GB SDHC cards, and incompatibilities between SD and SDHC have caused confusion among consumers buying memory devices.

SD and SDHC cards and devices have these compatibility issues :

* Devices that do not specifically support SDHC do not recognize SDHC memory cards.
    * Some manufacturers have produced 4 GB SD cards that conform to neither the SD2.0/SDHC spec nor existing SD devices.
    * File System: SD cards are typically formatted with the FAT16 file system, while SDHC cards are typically formatted as FAT32.
    04-29-08 12:52 PM
    I want to do something similar. I want to download photos from a trail camera in the woods and view the photos on the BB. I have swapped micro cards and it works fine, but I want to download the photos via the usb somehow and not have to take the BB apart and swap cards internally. A card reader is what i'm looking for, but you need windows opperating system to view them according to what I have read. Any advice?
    10-01-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD