Hey everyone.

I am sort of new to the blackberry community. I have been trying to setup my Desktop Manger, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. I was able to connect my blackberry to my computer using bluetooth, but was unsuccessful using the usb. Everytime i plug it in to the USB cord, i get this error:

One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it. For assistance in solving this problem, click the message.

I don't get why thi sis not working. Bluetooth was fine, but i am not able to transfer music to my device, which is what I really want to do.

I am running Windows Vista - Service Pack 2. Did anyone else have this problem, and how did they get it fixed?
    02-19-09 11:07 PM
    Are you logged into vista as the admin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:10 PM
    yes i am logged in as admin.
    02-19-09 11:15 PM
    Try taking the battery out of the phone and pug it into the computer with the battery out, see if your pc will recognize it then.

02-19-09 11:18 PM
    Nope same message. Does blackberry offer any type of support?
    02-19-09 11:22 PM
    Yes.. You can go to there website and get the support number off of there.

02-19-09 11:23 PM
    from what I am understanding from the support part of the site is i have to subscribe just to get help on my blackberry? Isn't that a little ********?
    02-19-09 11:29 PM
    Hmmm I've never had to subscribe to get help from RIM.. Try calling your carrier they should be able to assist you.

02-19-09 11:34 PM
    Well what number are you calling? Do you mind telling me because i tried calling and it wants me to enter my subscription number.
    02-19-09 11:42 PM
    Well I work for att and have a dealer number where you have to put your dealer code and everything in.. But if you call your carrier they can transfer you str8 to RIM..

02-19-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD