I am trying to set up the ability to receive sms text alerts from wells fargo. However I do not receive a confirmation text. Has anyone else had this issues? Is there something I'm doing wrong or some settings I need to adjust?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 02:58 PM
    I use Wells Fargo as well, set up for text banking and recieved a confirmation shortly after setting it up. To the best of my knowledge, however, WF doesn't send text alerts, just email alerts, so maybe you can set up the email alerts to the email addy you have going to your phone and get your alerts that way. That's what I do, using the text banking to check balances quickly.

Hope it helps, and maybe I'm missing something on the WF website for SMS alerts.
    07-11-09 06:47 PM
    I can not even get the initial text message from WF to set up mobile banking... I don't seem to be able to receive any SMS messages from numbers that aren't actual phone numbers...

07-12-09 12:45 AM
    You need to contact your carried to allow short texting. I had the same thing I'm with sprint and I had to call them. After you set that up you will get your code.

07-12-09 02:37 AM
    Thanks tabasco! I'll give Sprint a call.

07-12-09 10:48 PM
    Yes it was definitely the ability to send and receive short texts. My wife called Sprint and now we can alerts from the bank. It also cleared up an issue with twitter.

07-27-09 05:58 PM
    a quick solution: go to www.WF.com on your bb browser and you can log into your account. If you go to the regular WF site (not mobile supported), it will say your browser is not supported. Anyhow,
    this is what I do because the text alert didnt work for me.

07-28-09 05:36 PM
    Thank you so much! They even have the WF bookmark app! I had no idea...

07-29-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD