my sister just got her curve in the mail today, so i was setting it up for her. i attached it to my computer to transfer some pics/music, but the computer wouldn't read it. i attached my pearl to my computer and it read it just fine. is there something wrong? i didn't run desktop manager or anything, just because i usually don't for mine (it just reads it like an external hard drive).

any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-22-09 12:14 AM
    Do you have a media card inserted and mass storage mode enabled and auto enable mass storage mode connection?
    01-22-09 12:20 AM
    Do you have a media card inserted and mass storage mode enabled and auto enable mass storage mode connection?
    Located in Options > Media Card
    01-22-09 12:28 AM
    no media card inserted on hers, but my computer still recognized mine without a media card...

also, mass storage mode is enabled, i already checked. thanks though

did i need to install one of the cds on my computer for hers to run? sorry, it's been a while since i installed mine!
    01-22-09 12:49 AM
    Have you done a reset on your sister's Curve (battery pull)?

Also, open up Desktop Manager and connect the Curve, does DM display the Curve's PIN?
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-22-09 at 01:12 AM.
    01-22-09 01:04 AM
    If you don't have a media card for the device, you shouldn't be transferring music to the device. And it would explain the differences.
    01-22-09 01:07 AM
    thanks for the help!

i reinstalled desktop manager, it seems like there might have been an issue when i first installed it and everything is up and running. thanks again!
    01-23-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD