New to the Blackberry world here. I have had Win Mo phones for years and have always charged them during the evening with a USB cable while my computer was in hibernation mode. Doing this with the Curve 8330 Blackberry results in having much less battery power in the morning... approximately 50%

Is anyone else having this issue?? Is there a "fix" for it"" It seems the BB is the only device that loses power via USB in hibernation mode.
    12-31-09 07:32 AM
    My Mac does the same thing to me. Apparently not all USB ports are the same or they may not be powered during hibernation by the computer.

On a work PC only one port of two available provides enough power to charge the 9000. The whole issue is too tough for me to understand. But clearly there are issues to be faced.

For me the solution was moving to a charging cradle. The first one was so very fine the second one went to work with me. No more USB charging for this boy.
    12-31-09 07:48 AM
    My USB power shuts down and charging ceases if the PC goes to standby or hibernate.
    12-31-09 08:01 AM
    And you need to make sure your drivers are up to date. Download DM and it will install the necessary drivers. USB 2.0 is preferrable IIRC...
    12-31-09 08:12 AM
    Odds are your PC assumes you want to make your peripherels hybernate along with your PC (keyboard, mouse, external drive, etc), and therefore stops sending power to the usb port.

I strongly recommend that you buy a charging dock for your BB. They can be found online for less than $10, and will save your BB's USB port for data transfer. I have two of these.
    12-31-09 10:50 AM
    Yes, get a wall charger at least! They work better and charge faster, and seems like the charge lasts longer too
    12-31-09 01:46 PM
    I know that the ports, or maybe just one, stays active because I can charge my Win Mo phone in hibernation mode. The point that maybe only a certain port may stay active is interesting and I am going to try that aspect.

I have several chargers but I am trying to be "green"
    Thanks again!
    12-31-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD