ok so i click on the compose message icon expecting to send someone a text message but somehow it tries to call the person instead? uhh is this blackberry faulty? also i noticed that one time when i picked up my blackberry it was powered off when i didn't turn it off in the first place? i did a battery pull and it came back to life...
    11-14-08 02:28 PM
    The compose icon will repeat the last action you did with that contact. IE: If the last thing you did was call them, it will try to call them. If you texted them last, it will start a text.

As for being off, are you sure it was "off" If you hold down the mute button on top for about 2 seconds, it will sleep. The only way to wake it is to press the mute button again (or pull the battery).
    11-14-08 03:58 PM
    Sonicjay, thanks for explaining that, I had noticed that when you pressed the compose icon and selected a contact, sometimes it would want to send a SMS message, sometimes want to call, sometimes want to email, etc., and it seemed hit or miss. Now thanks to you I see there is a method to its (perceived) madness!

Chinkster, not an exact fix, but after you press the compose icon and select a contact, press the menu button. You will then be automatically placed in the section of the menu list that has the different methods available to contact that contact, based on the types of entries you have entered for that contact. (how many ways can I use the word contact in one sentence? lol)
    11-14-08 04:37 PM
    i've gotten this issue solved by downloading the QSMS app. thanks crackberry!
    11-15-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD