So I want to compose emails using sms, because i dont have the BB plan. Apparently I can send short emails using my unlimited sms's; all i have to do is type in an email address in place of a phone number. But I dont know how to type the "@" symbol in the field where it says enter phone number.

Can anyone help me??

Thanx
    12-02-08 02:09 PM
    Use MMS, not SMS

go to your SMS/MMS folder, options, compose MMS, your address book will pull up, scroll to top (use once) and click, it will ask you phone or email, select email and it will be ok for you to enter, or enter thier email in the address book under the contact. but yeh, select mms not sms

Oh, and tmo's bb plan is only 19.99 a month for unlimited. fyi
    12-02-08 02:21 PM
    I also wouldnt recommend using mms for emails regularly, as mms can take forever to receive etc, so if its an urgent message, id call, as technically you are not emailing, you are using mms.
    12-02-08 02:28 PM
    Use MMS, not SMS

go to your SMS/MMS folder, options, compose MMS, your address book will pull up, scroll to top (use once) and click, it will ask you phone or email, select email and it will be ok for you to enter, or enter thier email in the address book under the contact. but yeh, select mms not sms

Oh, and tmo's bb plan is only 19.99 a month for unlimited. fyi
    Thanx for the info, but i tried that and i did not like it one bit. Suppose someone replies to that email i sent, my phone will try to play it and i cant scroll up to see the text they typed.

btw, u already suggested the bb plan to me the last time we talked :P and the prices have gone UP!!
    12-02-08 02:31 PM
    As far as I know, its still 19.99... blackberry add on internet service, im still looking at 19.99... log into your acct, click on change services or plans and scroll thru the BB plans.
    12-02-08 02:34 PM
    I agree Rachey, T-Mobile has the most reasonable BB plans around...
    12-02-08 02:40 PM
    This is from tmobile, my bill

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing. $19.99

I as of last week also cut my plan and joined plans with my fiance, so essentially we got a whole new plan for the both of us, and still 19.99

Dont search or look on the main page, log in to your acct;
    12-02-08 02:40 PM
    i talked to the cust care rep because i wanted to add it a week ago, she told me that they are selling the plan in bundles now. as in u have to buy the messaging and the bb plan as a bundle. there is no way to just buy the bb plan... so i will postpone that until i get my bb bold when it comes out for tmobile.

Do u know how to sms emails from bb's though? i read somewhere something abt send ur sms's to 500 and type the email address in the body of the msg... didnt work for me
    12-02-08 02:42 PM
    Kinda soundin like you need an e-mail plan...
    12-02-08 02:43 PM
    You cant sms emails.

Apparently what she told you, and what I was able to do last Thursday were two different things LOL because as i said, we cancelled each of our plans, I joined his and we also changed that plan to suit our needs.

Did you try logging on to tmo and adding it yourself? -

what was she claiming the cost of said *bundle*
    12-02-08 02:45 PM
    i did log in, but cant seem to find what ur telling me. I think she said it was about $30, but i may be wrong. bad memory... lol

and i dont really NEED to send out email through my phone, but i was just thinking it would be good be able to do.

btw, i get my gmail forwarded to my phone, so i am *notified* via sms... thats good to have
    12-02-08 02:51 PM
    Lemme see if I can find the steps for the add on... one second (as you know t mo takes forever to log into lol)
    12-02-08 02:53 PM
    Thanx for the info, but i tried that and i did not like it one bit. Suppose someone replies to that email i sent, my phone will try to play it and i cant scroll up to see the text they typed.

btw, u already suggested the bb plan to me the last time we talked :P and the prices have gone UP!!
    If you want to do sms what you need to do is use the number 500 in the to field then type the email address in the body of the message and then leave a space and then type your message. Each carrier has an sms number to use that way - T-Mobile's is 500 - don't know what the other carriers use but you can look it up at carrier's web site. When you do it this way the person you send to simply hits reply and it will come back to you as sms as long as they type a message to you under the 160 limit - tell them to delete anything in the subject line as that cuts into your 160 - also tell them not to send an email with a signature because that will surely turn a reply into an mms on your end - also best if they use plain text format. Your tmobile email address is your number followed by: [email protected]
    So it has its limitations but it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    also may i add, that i have read online (havent witnessed however) that ppl can indeed send emails via sms by just putting the email addresses in the field instead of a phone number.

again.... i dont know how far this is true. but i have read "how to's" on this
    Because its already on our acct, its gonna be hard for me to find it, however, once you click on change plan, it will show you your current, from there you can change etc, i know its in there but because its already on i cant give you the exact steps.
    12-02-08 02:56 PM
    also may i add, that i have read online (havent witnessed however) that ppl can indeed send emails via sms by just putting the email addresses in the field instead of a phone number.

again.... i dont know how far this is true. but i have read "how to's" on this
    you can.

i just go into the SMS folder, compose new SMS, it asks if i want to use a phone number or email address. i can also get short emails that arrive as SMS using the @vtext.com address for VZW. T-Mobile is some thing like @tmomail.com.
    12-02-08 02:58 PM
    If you want to do sms what you need to do is use the number 500 in the to field then type the email address in the body of the message and then leave a space and then type your message. Each carrier has an sms number to use that way - T-Mobile's is 500 - don't know what the other carriers use but you can look it up at carrier's web site. When you do it this way the person you send to simply hits reply and it will come back to you as sms as long as they type a message to you under the 160 limit - tell them to delete anything in the subject line as that cuts into your 160 - also tell them not to send an email with a signature because that will surely turn a reply into an mms on your end - also best if they use plain text format. Your tmobile email address is your number followed by: [email protected]

Such a hassle though.
    12-02-08 02:58 PM
    Such a hassle though.
    that IS a hassle! it's easy to send an email via SMS on my 8330!
    12-02-08 03:01 PM

Thanx for the reply Dawg... that is exactly what i read online. but it doesnt seem to work for me. I'll tell u exactly what i did....

1) go to msgs
    2) compose sms
    3) type 500 in the place where is asks for the number and click the trackball
    4) type my friends email address, and then add one space, and then type "hi"
    5) send the message
    6) ask my friend to check his email
    7) NO EMAIL
    12-02-08 03:02 PM
    I also want to say Tmo has an email plan also for 9.95, however for 10 more, you have a mini laptop LOL
    12-02-08 03:02 PM
    you can.

i just go into the SMS folder, compose new SMS, it asks if i want to use a phone number or email address. i can also get short emails that arrive as SMS using the @vtext.com address for VZW. T-Mobile is some thing like @tmomail.com.
    On mine I only have that option on MMS, on SMS it just asks for the #
    12-02-08 03:03 PM
    that IS a hassle! it's easy to send an email via SMS on my 8330!
    So u CAN send email via sms on ur 8330??? I have the 8320..
    12-02-08 03:03 PM
    So u CAN send email via sms on ur 8330??? I have the 8320..
    i know it's possible, yes. i use to do it on my env and i have the option on my 8330. maybe it's a tmobile limit...? i just sent a test email from SMS to my gmail account and it went through fine.

like i said above the email is sent using the #######@vtext.com.

On mine I only have that option on MMS, on SMS it just asks for the #
    i guess it's a tmobile limitation then.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-02-08 at 03:10 PM.
    12-02-08 03:06 PM
    you can.

i have one slight problem however... i cant seem to type the "@" symbol when im typing in the field where its asking me for a phone number... also, my phone does not ask me if i want to sms a number or email address, but my compose mms does ask me that.
    12-02-08 03:07 PM
    Yeh Im thinking t mo doesnt allow emails with SMS, but as I said, it has the option with MMS, but then you got the whole character issue blah blah blah, mms are not entirely reliable to certain people or having mms come thru to me etc.. I have barely used mms anyways, maybe twice in 2.5 yrs LOL.. but it sounds as if its a carrier or perhaps cdma vs gsm thing.
    12-02-08 03:09 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD