Does anyone know why my 8330m essentially stops working? the screen goes black with a full battery and won't wake up no matter what i do. then 10-15 battery pulls later works fine? I'm running 4.5.0.186 stock from sprint and I don't know why it does this. i had a curve before that did that and wouldn't respond at all and it was replaced but I'm out of the warranty now and just need to baby it until the HTC EVO 4G comes out because I'm fed up doing this once or twice a week. This will be my last BB but i need at least a temporary fix. Any suggestions?
    03-25-10 10:55 PM
    Strange that it happened to two different phones you had..are you dropping them or somethimg.
    03-25-10 11:23 PM
    Don't buy things manufactured during a recession.

Look at Toyota for a case study..

I don't know why yours doesn't work and here are my thoughts:

Does the LED blink at all, such as when you first put a battery in?

Do you live in a region with very high humidity?

If you hold it at an angle and look closely, is there a faint picture without backlight?

Does your BB get exposed to very dusty environments?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-26-10 07:13 AM
    I drop my very old BBs on hard surfaces daily. Concrete and stone are not excluded.

I even dropped my 8800 in a bucket of soapy water.

They are all working well.

Its OK to drop them, at least if manufactured outside the recession

03-26-10 07:16 AM
    Don't buy things manufactured during a recession.

Look at Toyota for a case study..

I don't know why yours doesn't work and here are my thoughts:

Does the LED blink at all, such as when you first put a battery in?

Do you live in a region with very high humidity?

If you hold it at an angle and look closely, is there a faint picture without backlight?

Does your BB get exposed to very dusty environments?

I live in NC so it's fairly humid but i take the utmost care of my phone. I don't drop it. The led comes on during the battery pull and there's no picture at all on the screen when it happens. The first phone that was replaced they where completely clueless as to the reason of the malfunction. I'm more frustrated than anything and am just praying for august to come quickly.

I do appreciate your responses though and am grateful for the community.

And i agree with your recession quality theory...........
    03-26-10 02:20 PM
    Strange that it happened to two different phones you had..are you dropping them or somethimg.
    Nope.......... the Berry gods just hate me i guess
    03-26-10 02:22 PM
    I had exactly same problem last night. Just had to let it sit without battery all night and keys started working again. I love my blackberry but it freezes, you need to pull battery after you uninstall progs and all that babying you got to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD