Alright,

So I have had my Curve now for I'd say almost 2 months now and I have loved playing with it. Placing beta OS's on it and all the cool third party apps. Anyhow, I ran across this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/res...-8130-a-11175/
    and I'm not fully convinced...

Will simply doing this "Wipe Handheld" option revert back to the original OS and delete everything? Or is this just a way of losing contacts and 3rd party apps, etc.

I am wanting to do this because I downgraded back to 4.2. from the newer 4.5.0.37. And things are still being weird for me after battery pull etc. I just want a clean slate, as if the phone came out of the box.

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread and there is more to this than a simple option in a menu. But thanks to everyone!

Wes
    05-29-08 08:32 PM
    Wiping a device merely deals with personal information on the device. It does not remove the OS.
    05-29-08 08:38 PM
    best be right lol

i dont want to screw up my phone seeing as i voided the warranty LOL
    05-29-08 08:39 PM
    Wiping a device merely deals with personal information on the device. It does not remove the OS.
    Do you know of anywhere that would point me in the direction of how to go about removing the OS? I would assume once you have done that, you would have the 507 error and you would have to take the steps laid out in restoring a nuked blackberry.
    05-29-08 08:43 PM
    05-29-08 08:48 PM
    I cannot get this thing to work...

I "install" it and then after trying to learn a bit about it on another forum, I learn that I need to right click the shortcut and select "run as administrator" since I am using Vista. And nothing...What do I do?
    05-29-08 09:40 PM
    Nevermind, I got it running, however I can't get the program to actually go through wiping the device...I saw some stuff online about removing the battery? When I type "blackberry" to go through with the wipe, nothing happens.
    05-29-08 10:23 PM
    huh wierd...
    mine wipped really easy and fast...and now its back to new
    05-29-08 10:40 PM
    All good now...my phone is booting after a successful install of the original OS. However, it is taking forever. I am 4 beers in on this process. Serious stuff haha. Thanks for the help everyone. I may do a write up on this one eventually.
    05-29-08 11:16 PM
    i wiped using that installer and than put on the newest beta. it helped it run a lot smoother.

glad you got your Berry wiped. lol
    05-29-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD