I used to love my bb..now it's driving me mad.

Last week I got a notification of an update available for Facebook. I downloaded and when the phone went to reboot after the install, it came up with a "JVM Error 517". Went to AT&T and of course, no help there. Went to my office, downloaded the BB Desktop from Blackberry.com and after hours of trying, finally got "a" OS installed on my phone to at least get it to work. All contacts, emails, msg's, etc..gone - of course.

Got home and with my last back-up (August) got most of my contacts back (laptop). Took forever to get emails to work again.

Then I discovered that I no longer have the "Tasks" application, or "Notes" nor the Brick Breaker so I assume I installed the wrong software??

Today my emails (2 accounts) aren't working. I've gone to the "bis" site and deleted & re-created my emails there..I've redone the service books from my phone, I've removed the battery & SIM card for hard boot...

How can I get my phone back the way it was with all that was there before?
    I have a BB CD that I got with a phone but I don't know if it's for my Curve or for my husbands Pearl. I use the desktop for mine and the laptop for his. I use the laptop more than desktop and the BB Desktop Managers look totally different on each. I know I have a good backup on laptop. I would rather use 1 pc for both BB's, but can I?

I've been all over this site and others...I'm truly at a loss. I'm not a techie guru by any sense of word but I do have some knowledge concerning pc's/phones but this has me completely confused and frustrated.
    Please oh please someone help me...
    12-17-09 10:35 PM
    Another thread mentioned that BIS is down... not sure if it is all carriers or not.
    12-17-09 10:45 PM
    You can use desktop manager to add the apps your missing back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:48 PM
    Plunkingtom - how do I tell if the bis is down for at&t?

Bandkmelton - I don't know how to do that. I have to find those apps - why can't I just get what I had before? The only way to get Brick Breaker is to get the OS - which I can't seem to figure out where to get the one I had (I've looked all over the At&t site, where I've seen other's say to get from your provider - to no avail.)
    12-17-09 10:56 PM
    hmmm. maybe ask at&t blackberry support if it is down or check out the at&t forum and ask there.

Your os in on blackberry.com you will find software for your device my provider and you can down load blackberry desktop and the newest os from at&t.
    12-17-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD