Hi,

I am a bit concerned now regarding the quality of phone calls made from my curve. I have been using the curve mainly for data access..mails/IM. Recently, I've been told by others (at the receiving end), that they cannot hear me clearly..my voice is muffled, broken, backgound noises etc. Today was the worse..my cousin tried to call me from chicago and I couldn't hear him clearly and he couldn't make out a single word that I said. I thought it is an issue at the other end. Then I called one of my friends in Chicago - and he too said, my voice was breaking up. Later today, when I tried to make some calls, I get the message "call failed" (wierdest was the call from sitting in my house, calling to my home number)....Then another one to MI gave the message "Radio path unavailable"....

Is it just me ??????????????
    01-04-08 08:24 PM
    That could be several issues. What was your signal strengh during all this? I have found that when I have problems it's due to "dead spots" in my coverage area. There is a certain area that I drive through going home from work, and it's impossible to carry on a conversation. I have not had any issues regarding hearing others or others hearing me that I thought were directly device related.
    01-04-08 09:11 PM
    The signal strength was 3. I can make the call from my 2nd AT&T phone without any complaints.

People have stopped calling me on the blackberry now !!!
    01-10-08 08:31 PM
    Maybe its time to talk to your service provider. I live up here in Alaska and have had no problems with my BB no matter where I call.
    01-11-08 12:28 AM
    Do you have a wireless router setup in your house?
    I have noticed that I have a weak wireless signal in some parts of my house and when it is transitioning from UMA to EDGE it will "call failed"
    If this is the case I found a couple of fixes to the drop call issue....
    Two options:
    1)get a new router
    OR CHEAPER SOLUTION
    2)Menu>Manage Connections>Menu Key>Mobile Network Options>Connections Preference>Mobile Network Only
    this will stop the phone from trying to transition between the Wifi Calling and the Mobile Network calling
    Hope this is helpful
    01-11-08 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD