I looked around the fourms for an answer but as I'm on my phone its a tad difficult looking through every thread. That being said is there a wayto combine all of my back and forth texts to one person into just one long text? The same thing goes for emailsm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 03:58 PM
    This is a complaint many have with the BlackBerries... no threaded SMS

The best thing you can do is click the most recent one in the "convo" and it shows all of their messages and yours in a "threaded" kinda hybrid format thingy

You know what I am talking about...
    07-11-08 03:59 PM
    Poo but ok. Anyone want to put money on thw idea that it'll be an option on the next gen of devices from rim?

07-11-08 04:02 PM
    Poo but ok. Anyone want to put money on thw idea that it'll be an option on the next gen of devices from rim?

Which next-gen device are you speaking of. How much? And do you have Pay-Pal?
    07-11-08 04:09 PM
    Pm me for my email. As to the devices....the thunder most def the javelin possibly, the bold possibly the kick**** most def

07-11-08 04:14 PM
    "Threaded Email" is dependant upon the reply quoting the original email in the response. This is not device dependent.

As for the threaded SMS, I don't see it as that big of a deal. As long as I select "reply" instead of "new message" they are somewhat threaded. Good enough for me. I don't have such extensive conversations that I forget what's been said...
    07-11-08 04:35 PM
    Pm me for my email. As to the devices....the thunder most def the javelin possibly, the bold possibly the kick**** most def

That makes absolutely no sense, sir!! I would bet you in an instant!!

If you are betting only certain next-gen devices get threaded SMS and others do not, then you are horribly wrong. This is dependent upon the OS, not the hardware... and all of the devices you mentioned will be running OS 4.6

(correct me, I am not sure if the Thunder will run OS 4.6 or its own OS... my mind is failing me, but either way!!)
    07-11-08 04:40 PM
    Ach you're right that was silly of me. But as to threaded being necessary, this is true they're not but its nice to have things compact and organized

07-11-08 05:03 PM
    i have bold, how do i combine email from same sender/contact into one thread? For example, I had an email exchange with a contact, instead of seeing the 10+ messages back and fourth each as a seperate item in my inbox, i would like to see it within 1 single thread. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Ronnie
    12-31-08 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD