Where is the keyboard led? I've colored my trackball blue and now I wanna color my keyboar so it mtches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 03:36 PM
    Im really not for sure on where the keyboard led is but I have a question for you....how did you get your trackball to change colors? I have looked everywhere and can not find anything. Can you help?
    08-19-08 03:44 PM

I took the chrome bezel around the trackball off wif a screwdriver. Then turn my blackberry over and tapped the back so the trackball mechanism fell out. BE careful though. I then colored a piece of scotch tape and put it over the led. I put the trackball back in along with the bezel and viola!

08-19-08 03:48 PM

Where is the keyboard led? I've colored my trackball blue and now I wanna color my keyboar so it mtches.

You need to remove your device's face plate and then remove the keypad membrane. The LEDs are located beneath there

Im really not for sure on where the keyboard led is but I have a question for you....how did you get your trackball to change colors? I have looked everywhere and can not find anything. Can you help?
    To color your trackball on a Curve you simply pop out the retaining ring, remove the trackball assembly and then place a transparent, colored film over the LED. Then reassemble and you are good to go!!
    08-19-08 03:48 PM
    You need to remove your device's face plate and then remove the keypad membrane. The LEDs are located beneath there

To color your trackball on a Curve you simply pop out the retaining ring, remove the trackball assembly and then place a transparent, colored film over the LED. Then reassemble and you are good to go!!
    now i have a question... some people say they just took a sharpie and colored the led directly, will it matter either way? or do they both work the same
    09-29-08 09:19 AM
    If you color it with a sharpie, it would probably be permanent, I would do the tape method (though I have not tried either)
    09-29-08 09:26 AM
    well thats a really tiny piece of tape for the trackball... any suggestions how to get it in there? and whut about trackball sensitivity? or does it not affect it one way or another?
    09-29-08 09:29 AM
    well thats a really tiny piece of tape for the trackball... any suggestions how to get it in there? and whut about trackball sensitivity? or does it not affect it one way or another?

Just cut a lil piece of the tape after coloring it with the sharpie. I took a tweezer to place my tape over the LED.
    09-29-08 09:33 AM
    does the sticky part of the tape mess anything up? and whut about the track ball does it affect it in anyway?
    09-29-08 09:39 AM
    Are you taking the device apart or just the trackball. If you are removing the housing then you have to have a T-5 trox to take off the housing and a T-6 to remove the keyboard. After you remove the screws in the back you have to seperate the housings The front housing can be a little tricky to get off. After removing the keyboard then use a film for an overhead projector ( can be bought at any office supply store) cut small pieces and use scotch tape to place them on the leds. Put your battery back in and check to see if you got all the leds. Reassamble the device and it should be complete. There is a video of how to disassemble on youtube.
    09-29-08 09:50 AM
    i know... i watched the video lol.. just got back from kmart and they only had a t6 and no t5 sooo i might just stick with the trackball led for now, unless i can find my old mini driver set... thanks tho
    09-29-08 10:27 AM
    i know... i watched the video lol.. just got back from kmart and they only had a t6 and no t5 sooo i might just stick with the trackball led for now, unless i can find my old mini driver set... thanks tho
    T-5 @ sears for around 4 bucks or most computers stores sell them.
    09-29-08 10:36 AM
    does the sticky part of the tape mess anything up? and whut about the track ball does it affect it in anyway?
    you can colored "gels" which are just colored sheets of cellophane wrap that photographers use for studio lights. Go to any photo store, they'd probably cut you a tiny corner for free. No sticky, no problem!

I'd love to see a video of the keyboard color mod...

Here's a video on how to disassemble the BB and keyboard:

09-29-08 10:38 AM
    well as soon as i get off my lazy **** again ill hopefully go find a t5... but not for 5 bux lol... i just got a craftsman t6 for 1.29 at kmart lol
    09-29-08 10:49 AM
    If I remember it comes in a set of 3 T-5 T-6 T-7. Sorry
    09-29-08 10:56 AM
    The tape over the led for the trackball will fade so periodically refresh the color or replace the tape with a new one.

09-29-08 12:54 PM
    If I remember it comes in a set of 3 T-5 T-6 T-7. Sorry

wow... that woulda been nice.. but i had to pay 4 bux just for the t5 alone lol
    09-29-08 01:44 PM
    The front housing can be a little tricky to get off.
    Oh god glad I'm not alone... I just about broke an 8310 trying to get that dumb frontplate off!!!
    09-29-08 04:30 PM
    does anyone know how to remove, if possible the keypad from a Pearl 8130? i dont want to pull up on it and rip the keys off :S
    12-17-08 07:38 PM
    oh, nevermind! i found out you basically had to split the phone in half :P
    12-17-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD