I'm losing my mind!!! I'm cussing up a storm!!! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks!!! Okay. There is this very very cool theme that I want on my 8330. I mean, I absolutely love this theme! It's sick as **** and I've seen no one with it!!! So....I click the download link.....and it gives me a .zip When I extract the .zip file, it gives me these:

com_plazmic_theme_BerryNav_free.cod
    com_plazmic_theme_BerryNav_free.jad
    com_plazmic_theme_BerryNav_free-1.cod
    com_plazmic_theme_BerryNav_free-2.cod
    com_plazmic_theme_BerryNav_free-3.cod

And 8 more .cod Here were the directions that were given to me, that I followed, step by step, correctly and a number of times, and it didn't work. It just kept taking me to pictures and ringtones and other stuff that seems to have nothing to do with the them I am trying to get. These were the directions:

"This small guide explains you how to install OTA files which were downloaded to your computer

First of all you need to make sure you extract all files to a folder in case the files would be in ZIP format.
    Then you can just copy the whole folder to the device memory or to a media card.
    Now you can use the blackberry to activate the OTA files on your device.

Open the Media application on the blackberry
    Press the left button next to the trackball
    Click explore
    Track down to Device Memory
    Press the left button next to the trackball
    Click Open
    Track down to your /Games Folder
    Press the right button next to the trackball
    Click Open
    Select the JAD file
    Select "Download"
    The Application will load on to your Blackberry and is now available in your application menu."

This does not work. Here is the them I am trying to get:

Blackberry 8300 Curve Theme : Berrynav curve 4.5

This is like getting very very frustrating. To the max. PLEASE PLEASE ANYONE ANYONE.......ANYONE!!!!!!!! HEELLPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-07-09 09:13 AM
    I've never heard of loading it that way so I honestly can't help you out with that issue.

However that theme is not a free theme.

BerryNav curve edition - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    08-07-09 09:21 AM
    Cool! That's Fine! I Want It! But, I Don't Have A Paypal Or Any Kind Of Credit Card. I'm A Strictly Cash Kinda Guy. I Have My Reasons. But, Is It Possible That I Can Just Be Billed Through My Service Provider? I Love That Theme So Much, I Will Buy It.
    08-07-09 09:36 AM
    Get a prepaid credit card (walmart, wallgreens, bank, etc.) And set up a paypal account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 09:39 AM
    Great Idea, Thank The Both Of You!!!
    08-07-09 09:50 AM
    A .jad file is for OTA download of things, apps, themes, etc. If you downloaded a .zip file with a .jad and .cod files in it, just move that folder from your computer onto your storage card, then explore your card and find that theme folder. Now find the smallest file in that folder, it should be the .jad file. Click on it and you will get a screen with a download button, just download and install the theme.

But really, if someone has only a .zip file for a theme to install to your computer to use with desktop manager, it has to have .cod files and one .alx file (not a .jad file)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD