Here's my problem, I downloaded the "1 click access" for sites like cnn mobile and espn mobile along with some others (these are all for the Blackberry) However when I click on the icon to go to the site the screen shows the initial ATT screen and after a minute or so the connection times out. I'm using 4.2 OS (8310 Curve) and the regular browser works fine.
    11-08-08 10:47 PM
    Try a battery pull. My ESPN icon works fabulously.
    11-08-08 10:51 PM
    I've done the battery already (sorry I didn't mention that). Let me ask you, when you use the icon does it pull up the Verizon screen at first or the Blackberry screen?
    11-08-08 10:53 PM
    The blackberry logo screen and then loads the espn page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:54 PM
    See my phone pulls up the ATT screen and then times out, it doesn't pull up the Blackberry logo screen.
    11-08-08 10:55 PM
    But if I click on the BB browser it will pull up the correct Blackberry screen and connect fine
    11-08-08 10:57 PM
    hmm thats interesting. I've never seen a Verizon screen at all. Hopefully someone on ATT will post and have a better solution for ya.
    11-08-08 11:02 PM
    DUDE!
    I am having the exact same problem! after upgrading the OS to 4.5 now none of those news apps work...CNN, USATODAY, ESPN, FOXNEWS...all of em go to the verizon logo and says "waiting" on the bottom forever and nothing happens.
    what the ****!?
    11-09-08 12:41 AM
    I've been on the phone with ATT and RIM and both couldn't figure out what's going on. I know my phone is using the WAP browser when I click on these icons. My browser settings are fine and set for internet brower but for some reason it's using WAP.
    11-09-08 01:06 PM
    I has a simular problem. Try reloading these short cuts and see if this works for you. I use Beyond411 and had to relaod this after my upgrade.
    11-09-08 01:11 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my Sprint 8830! The NYTimes, CNN, and ESPN won't connect and I get an error message that says it has timed out! I did the hard reset and that didn't work...deleted and reinstalled the programs and that didn't work...what's going on? Please help!
    11-13-08 02:40 AM
    The WSJ (Wall Street Journal)app stopped working for me yesterday. I see the Curve is no longer on the list of approved phones too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 03:15 AM
    same thing! i have an 8310 and it gets a communications error every time. has anyone been able to fix this? pulling the battery and reinstalling the software doesn't seem to do the trick. help much appreciated. thanks.
    12-09-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD