i live in NY and recently traveled to the midwest. When i got off the plane my curve did not automatically change to the correct time. Is there something that i have to do to make it change or do i have to do it manually?
    04-23-08 08:26 PM
    no unfortunately you have to do it manually that is one downside to the bb is that they don't update over time zones
    04-23-08 08:28 PM
    thanks for the quick reply
    04-23-08 08:30 PM
    no problem
    04-23-08 08:31 PM
    I asked basically the same question today & haven't gotten a response. What I want to know is when the next time the BB syncs w/the network time will the time then be correct?

Justin
    04-23-08 08:42 PM
    really?
    so in theory, do u know how your provider says call times are determined by the time on ya handset when u dial.

so i went to somewhere pacific time which is 3 hours behind eastern time. at 7ET i could make free calls( im on sprint) even though where i actually am its only 4, or does the network know where i am?
    04-23-08 08:50 PM
    Because of the integrated calendar, you have to do it manually.

My suggestion is to leave your BB synched to network time. When you change time zones, simply change the timezone rather than the actual time. Not only will your BB display the correct local time, but your calendar items will adjust appropriately as well.

And yes, the network does know where you are located and you are charged according to local time.
    04-23-08 09:08 PM
    lol oh ok not tryin to cheat the system

but hey if there was a loophole, why not?
    04-23-08 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD