Yo.
    I have an 8300 and have been completely in love since day one... blah blah blah.
    BUT (as always)
    I have encounterd my first problem. it seems like the pearl click is stuck in the clicked position. sometimes I can get it to do things right, but its consistently going insane. sometimes it works-ish. sometimes it crashes with weird error messages about restarting input service. sometimes it presses the q key over and over again. it also randomly double clicks sometimes. it was a nightmare getting it unlocked because my password is super long.

the issue started pretty much on its own, no drop or anything.

the important thing to note is that it is NOT physically stuck. it clicks and feels almost exactly as it did before this happened.

Its AT&T branded with updated att firmware. i tried the stickyed firmware (couldnt install because i think xp x64 weirdness), hard reset, battery pull, full backup and restore, everything i can think of...

any suggestions? also, maybe another thread, but i know that with most unlocked 2nd hand phones your pretty much assed out in terms of waranty, but would RIM take on this issue? i feel like i deserve at least a repair quote. and a free replacement
    thanks all.
    08-26-07 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD