I wanted to know would there be any probs with me removing the Blackberry sample video files? I see they take up a decent bit of space and I have a SD card for my videos.. so is this even needed?
    10-27-07 10:22 AM
    Nope. You can safely delete that sample file.
    10-27-07 10:32 AM
    I don't believe it is needed for anything. Delete.
    10-27-07 10:34 AM
    what else can be deleted? any of the languages?
    10-27-07 12:40 PM
    What am I missing here? How do I delete the sample music and/or sample video folders and contents.

Thanks all,
    10-27-07 03:08 PM
    Tht was one of the 1st things I did to delete the sample video and the languages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-07 03:18 PM
    What am I missing here? How do I delete the sample music and/or sample video folders and contents.

Thanks all,
    Open Desktop Manager, run Application Loader, and uncheck the box next to it.
    10-27-07 03:22 PM
    I did that and I see the sample video is unchecked...how do I delete the empty folder from my curve? Also I don't even see the sample music folder on my application loader at all. Would I cause damage by removing ICQ and the Windows live apps?

any other suggestions?
    10-27-07 03:34 PM
    You will not damage your device by deleting unused applications or languages.

The sample video folder stays, but its not taking up any space since its empty. The sample song is only 650 kb so that isnt taking up much space either.
    10-27-07 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the help, GoDJ. Curve is still ticking.
    10-27-07 04:11 PM
    I can't fing the preloaded video in my app manager or the media manager, however i would love to remove them. HELP!!!
    10-28-07 08:53 PM
    To remove the preloaded video, just click your Media icon, select Videos and you can do either All Videos or Sample Videos and select and delete.

Another apps that I removed from my Curve are the HELP app, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and Password Keeper (since I use CryptMagic).
    10-28-07 09:00 PM
    I too am confused , I looked in the desktop app loader and didn't see sample anything . And the sample folders are empty on the 8320 . I just want to get rid of the samples folder since I have no samples for 1 and for 2 Don't need the samples folder at all just don't wanna see it and you can't hide it . File manager to rename files or delete files but can't get to the samples folder to delete it . Please help . Thnx
    02-16-10 07:36 PM
    I too am confused , I looked in the desktop app loader and didn't see sample anything . And the sample folders are empty on the 8320 . I just want to get rid of the samples folder since I have no samples for 1 and for 2 Don't need the samples folder at all just don't wanna see it and you can't hide it . File manager to rename files or delete files but can't get to the samples folder to delete it . Please help . Thnx

The sample folders are part of the base OS and cannot be deleted or hidden as far as I know.
    02-16-10 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD