Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of seeing dust particles on the inside of the screen. When sunlight hits it, you can see it all over the screen. I need to know if there is a correct way to do this. I'm not really seeing how I'm able to do this without damaging my berry so if anyone knows what's up, share the love, please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:13 AM
    I'm not sure its worth taking apart your BlackBerry to clean the screen but if you must there are videos on youtube exactly how to do it.

12-11-08 12:27 AM
    I was wondering about this as well.

I don't have hardly any dust under my screen (yet) but I have been searching around to see what I could do if it came to that.

I've watched the videos on YouTube and it seems pretty simple taking it apart to either replace or repair but I can't say for sure.

Anyone had success with cleaning the screen or replacing one?
    Was the process difficult? What would you guys suggest if the dust got to be too much? Ha.

Thanks everyone!
    12-11-08 12:31 AM
    I've returned two curves because of this issue and will continue to do so as long as I'm under warranty

12-11-08 12:33 AM
    When I had my curve I did take it apart to replace the housing... I wound up messing mine up and had to get a new one, but there are many people on this site that have had success doing it.

12-11-08 12:33 AM
    Just pry off the lens and blow off the screen with some canned air. Then a little super glue and your back in business.

Your prolly going to nick the screen a little bit around the ear piece when you pry it off. So I would just replace it with a new one. A new lens is like $5.

Bill

12-11-08 12:35 AM
    Just pry off the lens and blow off the screen with some canned air. Then a little super glue and your back in business.

Your prolly going to nick the screen a little bit around the ear piece when you pry it off. So I would just replace it with a new one. A new lens is like $5.

Bill

Be very careful if you do that. That was part of my issue. I used too much superglue LoL.. The glue leaked onto the inside of the screen and into my escape key and it was glued down. Again many people have done this with no issues, but my experience, I would hate for you to really screw it up.

12-11-08 12:37 AM
    I've returned two curves because of this issue and will continue to do so as long as I'm under warranty
    I'm sorry I know this is probably a DUHHHH question but how do I know if I'm still under warrenty??
    12-11-08 12:40 AM
    I'm sorry I know this is probably a DUHHHH question but how do I know if I'm still under warrenty??
    Call your carrier...they will have that info.
    12-11-08 07:28 AM
    if you take the battery case off of the back of the phone you can access the screws that hold the front housing in place. They are T5 sized screws. (Torx), but make sure that you dont damage the little white sticker on the phone because that is the tamper sticker. once you do that just pry the sides of the case off and the screen will come off as well. when you put the screen back on make sure you dont over tighten the screws because they can snap inside the housing (personal experience). Any thing else let me know.
    12-11-08 10:22 AM
    Be very careful if you do that. That was part of my issue. I used too much superglue LoL.. The glue leaked onto the inside of the screen and into my escape key and it was glued down. Again many people have done this with no issues, but my experience, I would hate for you to really screw it up.

Use some silicone instead. Works like glue but does not run and can be pryed back off if needed.
    12-23-08 02:26 PM
    Or, many sites include the adhesive gasket that is precut, when ordering the lens. Takes a little patience to get it on right, but is BY FAR the best solution.
    12-23-08 08:46 PM
    No need to disassemble or even run off.

Remove the back cover. Using compressed air, blow into the small slots on either side of the battery. Works like a charm.
    12-23-08 10:10 PM
    I have the same problem but I didn't know if I should take apart the phone or just pry the screen off

12-27-08 02:24 PM
    No need to disassemble or even run off.

Remove the back cover. Using compressed air, blow into the small slots on either side of the battery. Works like a charm.

I tried this. Doesn't seem to work.
    12-27-08 02:55 PM
    Yep! I tried compressed air can too and it was not able to blow the dust out of the interior face of the screen. Cleaned everything else though. I'm not sure what else to do about this except suck it up I guess, lol.

12-29-08 10:27 PM
    they have new plastic screens OEM I believe on Ebay for like $5 if you mess it up. I am sure they provide instructions as well.
    12-29-08 10:30 PM
    they have new plastic screens OEM I believe on Ebay for like $5 if you mess it up. I am sure they provide instructions as well.
    I think just for the Storm though. I don't know about the Curve.

12-29-08 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD