Hey Folks,

Two issues I need some help on:
    1) How to change the default email account when composing an email. My default account is my gmail account, and I want to switch away from that.

2) Lets say I'm replying to a Gmail email. Is there any way to change the "reply to" or "sent by" address with another account? Here's the thing: one time I replied to my work email, and the BB used my Gmail to send it out. It was a mini disaster for me cause suddenly all this work email started showing up in my Gmail. How can I prevent that from happening? When I reply to an email, it doesn't indicate at all which account its sending from and I can't change that in the options.

I normally don't ask these type of questions and like to solve them myself, but this time I really couldn't find how to do it. Perhaps its cause I'm new to RIM.

Thanks.
    12-18-07 12:38 AM
    Hey Folks,

Two issues I need some help on:
    1) How to change the default email account when composing an email. My default account is my gmail account, and I want to switch away from that.

2) Lets say I'm replying to a Gmail email. Is there any way to change the "reply to" or "sent by" address with another account? Here's the thing: one time I replied to my work email, and the BB used my Gmail to send it out. It was a mini disaster for me cause suddenly all this work email started showing up in my Gmail. How can I prevent that from happening? When I reply to an email, it doesn't indicate at all which account its sending from and I can't change that in the options.

I normally don't ask these type of questions and like to solve them myself, but this time I really couldn't find how to do it. Perhaps its cause I'm new to RIM.

Thanks.
    1) go to options, advanced options, then Default services.

2) go to your provider's website. login, and choose 'set up' email. Look around for a way to edit your email address, etc. If you don't find what you need, call your provider.
    12-18-07 12:48 AM
    I use an 8830, so Im not 100% sure its the same on your BB. However, I am able to switch back and forth from my work/personal accounts by doing the following:

When you open an email you want to reply to scroll and highlight the name of which the email is from (the BB should highlight it on its own) . Ive made that section in Blue text in the following example...

For Example (this is a sample from my inbox, I recieved an email from Winning Ribbons, Inc that I need to reply to):
    Recieved Using:
    [email protected]
    Message Status: Opened
    To:[email protected]
    Reply To: Winning Ribbons, Inc
    Sent: Dec. 17, 2007 6:29 PM
    Subject: Re-January Order
    Then press the BB button or the trackball & the menu should come up and will have "Reply" already highlighted for you. HOWEVER, instead of clicking reply, scroll down to where it says Email <insert senders name here>. Again, Ill make this line blue in the example:

Copy
    Forward
    Reply To All
    Open Attachment
    Delete
    Email Winning Ribbons, Inc
    Show Address
    Add To Address Book
    Full Menu
    This will start you composing a new email. The very fisrt line of this screen will say Send Using: [email protected], highlight and click this. (again, using blue text to highlight this section)

Send Using: [email protected]
    To: Winning Ribbons, Inc
    To:
    Cc:
    Subject:
    That should have given you a drop down list of the email accounts you have set up on your BB. Choose the right one, then continue on to your message...you should be able to figure out the rest on your own! hopefully this works on your model of BB!
    Last edited by anon(153966); 12-18-07 at 07:58 AM. Reason: ...edited email address.
    12-18-07 01:22 AM
    Strontium and PremierEquine,

Thanks to the both of you!
    12-18-07 02:17 AM
    I was quickly replying to an email sent to my Gmail account, but for some reason, the BB decided to send the email with my work account!

Not a major disaster this time around, but why is it doing this? How can I prevent it from happening again?
    01-06-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD