They used to say let your cell phone go almost completely dead before charging it because you set the threshold for the battery, and if you charge it before it's low or empty, it messes with the battery. HOWEVER I plug mine into the USB of my computer periodically at work to add contact info, add music, photos, etc... Is this bad to do? Do I have to do all my "plugged in work" only when I am ready to charge?
    06-06-08 01:34 PM
    I charge mine overnight regardless of the remaining battery level. The new Lithium batteries that BB's have do not have the memory affect that the old NiCd batteries used to. Therefore, it's best to keep it has charged as possible. I believe it even says that in the BB manual if I remember correctly.
    06-06-08 01:37 PM
    Interesting... I always heard the theory that juliasmut had stated but I was unaware it was different for Li batteries. Thanks jimmers!!

So it is best to keep it charged as much as possible?? Or is it still good to wait until it is fairly drained?? I charge mine every other night... or every day and a half or so.
    06-06-08 01:39 PM
    Ahhhh, thank you.
    06-06-08 01:39 PM
    Same here. I usually have to put mine on the charger every night, otherwise I would have a dead berry.
    06-06-08 01:40 PM
    I charge every night, whenever I'm at my PC, when I'm in the car... always keep it topped off.
    06-06-08 01:41 PM
    So it is best to keep it charged as much as possible?? Or is it still good to wait until it is fairly drained?? I charge mine every other night... or every day and a half or so.
    I would charge it every night. Also, by charging every night you would never have to worry about being left with no BB access because of a dead battery. (Thought of no BB access is scARy! LOL)
    06-06-08 01:42 PM
    Please read my previous posts HERE and HERE for more detailed info about batteries and charging. Also, just a friendly reminder to use the search function, this topic has been covered many times here!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-06-08 02:55 PM
    I charge mine everynight because I usually have to. I work in a building that does not get good reception, so my BB spends a good part of the day searching for service which tends to drain the battery faster.
    06-06-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD