I just got a 1500 extended battery for my curve today.
    I noticed it said to charge it for 8 full hours prior to use.
    Can I use my curve WHILE the new battery is in it & charging ?????
    (oh please say yes...........)
    02-05-09 12:35 AM
    Why don't you use the standard battery, then charge the extended battery overnight when you sleep?
    02-05-09 01:14 AM
    You'd probably be a lot better off charging it during your downtime. Get your battery started off right. I would assure there is a valid reason to charge it that long before you using it, probably discovered during development and testing.

Or, like my Dad always said, When all else fails, read and follow instructions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 01:33 AM
    It depends. Look at the battery. If it's a lithium ion battery (Li+) then it doesn't require a conditioning charge; in fact doing so (fully depleting then charging) can damage the battery. The battery's full capacity is available from the first charge, so leaving the battery on the charger past when it says it's full won't do any good. The battery has a protection circuit tha� prevents it from being overcharged, as overcharging a Li+ battery can lead to lithium metal becoming free in the battery, causing it to become unstable and possibly explode.

Mind you, I'm not saying you have to worry about that. I'm saying that leaving it on the charger doesn't do anything because the protection circuit will cut the power once the battery is full.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD