I am trying to set up my berry to get my pop email faster.

With forwarding to my sprint.blackberrry.net account I get it fast.

However I want to change the "send Using" address back to my POP addy but it will not let me once I highlight/select this "send using" field.

??--- Is it possible to change the send using email address here????

thanks.
    03-27-09 03:50 PM
    This is happening on your BIS account settings on your pc or phone?

I tested mine, which is Verizon but still the operation is the same and it worked...
    03-27-09 04:33 PM
    on my phone! I am trying to reply to the emails sent to my pop account that were forwarded via my blackberry.net address using my pop address (which is also set up on my BB.
    03-27-09 04:35 PM
    replying to an email there is never an option to change the "send using". You cannot change that in replies. I thought you meant changing the BIS email settings not while in a email reply. Sorry

If you must change the send using message service when replying, you need to choose forward and enter the recipient and change the "send using" at the top.

You can also change the send using in original emails you are composing.

But on your BIS settings you can put the reply to email address......
    03-27-09 04:43 PM
    I am trying to set up my berry to get my pop email faster.

With forwarding to my sprint.blackberrry.net account I get it fast.

However I want to change the "send Using" address back to my POP addy but it will not let me once I highlight/select this "send using" field.

??--- Is it possible to change the send using email address here????

thanks.
    I think I understand what you're trying to do.

In order to send it to the POP and not the BB.net, you need to have the POP on your phone also; thats why you don't see that address when you try to change the "send to."

Now, once you have the POP address configured, remember that you will now get duplicates because you have it being forwarded to the BB.net

Hope that came out right.
    03-27-09 04:44 PM
    on my phone! I am trying to reply to the emails sent to my pop account that were forwarded via my blackberry.net address using my pop address (which is also set up on my BB.
    I didn't see this- was replying to your previous post at the time.

As Yester says, in "reply" you cant change anything. I assumed you meant when composing mail- not replying to mail you already rec'd.
    03-27-09 04:46 PM
    ok I set up my BIS BB.net addy to reply to my pop.
    I also like the idea of forwarding the email to the person i am trying to reply to and then changing the send from addy.

it works great!

but,, I have 2 pop addresses I want to do this with! can I set up another BB.net addy? no big deal if not cuz I really only care about fast email on one addy.

thanks again for the great solution!
    03-27-09 05:07 PM
    ok I set up my BIS BB.net addy to reply to my pop.
    I also like the idea of forwarding the email to the person i am trying to reply to and then changing the send from addy.

it works great!

but,, I have 2 pop addresses I want to do this with! can I set up another BB.net addy? no big deal if not cuz I really only care about fast email on one addy.

thanks again for the great solution!
    I believe you only get one per BIS account. I could be wrong.
    03-27-09 05:13 PM
    no worries, I am just glad I can make this work. I am really amazed that BB does not have a better BIS sytem. Like I said my little Rant phone could manually retrieve emails asap.

What is the point of the "reconcile" feature if it does not retrieve an email that is definitely on the server?
    03-27-09 05:16 PM
    The only thing I've found it good for was fetching mail. When I happen to notice I havent gotten any mail, I hit reconcile and mail comes through. I don't know if thats what it's there for- but that seems to be it's only purpose for me.
    03-27-09 05:19 PM
    thanks again!
    I deleted my primary POP account on my BB.
    I set the forwarding of my primary POP account (earthlink) to go to my BB.net addy.
    I set the reply to on my BB.net account to my primary POP account.
    Now I get my primary POP emails on my BB very fast and I also get them on my Outlook desktop and laptops!

This is way faster than anything else hands down! and i have all the email threads in outlook for saving later.

thank you thank you thank you!!
    03-27-09 05:51 PM
    thanks again!
    I deleted my primary POP account on my BB.
    I set the forwarding of my primary POP account (earthlink) to go to my BB.net addy.
    I set the reply to on my BB.net account to my primary POP account.
    Now I get my primary POP emails on my BB very fast and I also get them on my Outlook desktop and laptops!

This is way faster than anything else hands down! and i have all the email threads in outlook for saving later.

thank you thank you thank you!!
    Glad you've got it worked out.
    03-27-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD