My text notification sounds have changed apparently on their own. I've tried to change it back but cannot find where to do it at. I've read to go into your profile, but I have nothing that says profile. Someone please help!!
    05-02-11 09:01 PM
    Depending on the OS Version and theme you are running, the icon may be labeled Profile or Sounds. It's possible you've hidden the icon, or moved it to a different folder. Menu / Show All will reveal what you've hidden. It will be there somewhere. I don't think it is possible to delete it.
    05-02-11 09:06 PM
    The Sound Profiles are located in the Sounds/Profiles icon. It looks like a speaker.
    05-02-11 09:07 PM
    Ok, I go to the speaker and it just wants me to adjust the volume of the phone (silent, normal, loud, etc). Still can't find anything to change the text/email notification sounds. The only notification that I am getting is on text, nothing for email or Facebook.
    05-02-11 10:35 PM
    Depending on the version, you may had to scroll down to edit profiles, or press Menu. Rim has changed the implementation of this function over the years, so it's difficult to give exact instructions.
    05-02-11 10:44 PM
    How do I find out what version of Rim I have? When I went to the profiles section, there wasn't anything that said edit to let me do anything. It just had which contacts I had specific ring tones for and my sound options (silent, loud, normal, etc).
    05-02-11 10:46 PM
    I don't have an 8330, so I may not be able to reproduce what you are seeing. I do have an 8830 running OS 4.5. In OS 4.5, I click the Profiles icon, then scroll down to Advanced, click Advanced, select Normal, click, and I can define Normal for Text messages.

You can find what OS version you are running by pressing and holding Alt, the Right Shift key, and the H key.
    tcalhoun likes this.
    05-02-11 10:53 PM
    Thanks! That worked!
    05-02-11 11:04 PM
    Jeff, do I do the same thing to get email notification alerts? Those aren't working either.
    05-02-11 11:19 PM
    Jeff, do I do the same thing to get email notification alerts? Those aren't working either.
    Yes, you use the same process to define alerts for email, tasks, events, phone calls, ...
    05-03-11 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD