I am sure that there have been many post on this subject, but there are so many post, its hard to go through them all. I am new to the blackberry world. Had my curve 8330 less than a month. Being that blackberry doesnt send you a very good manaul with your purchase, i was hoping you guys could help. I am trying to figure out if there is anyway to change the alert tone for when i get a new email or txt message. I have tried everything and can't figure it out. I guess that I am just wanting to know can you or can you not change the alert tone and if you can, how do you do it? Thanks for the help!!!
    03-05-09 09:53 PM
    Go to profiles-Scroll down to advance-then your prof(silent, loud etc..) All your options are there. And welcome to CB.
    03-05-09 10:00 PM
    I can't believe i over looked that. I feel like an stupid. Thanks so much.
    03-05-09 10:08 PM
    Hey, don't sweat it, we have all had some issue at one time or another. It's real easy to miss the simple stuff, so at least that's one problem out of the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 10:51 PM
    You can also edit the profiles and assign differant alerts for differant email accounts, mms, sms, etc...
    03-06-09 08:29 PM
    And you should know...you have to do it for each profile you use (Loud, Normal), if you use different profiles.
    03-07-09 12:59 AM
    thanks for the great question and great replies!! I'm a new bb user also and had the same question and same 'duh' moment! lol thanks again!
    05-17-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD