I am a new owner of a Blackberry Curve 8320...when I say new, I mean I have had it for 3 days, so I am still in the learning process

I can not figure out how to change the alert tone for messages/email received? Right now, it's just one little beep, and unless I am looking at it, I don't hear it (I am hard of hearing to begin with). My phone ringer is fine (well, I don't know how to change the ringtone, but the volume I figured out, lol).

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    12-26-08 03:26 PM
    profiles/advanced/profile of choice
    change it from there
    12-26-08 03:28 PM
    by 'profile of choice' did you mean the options of LOUD, VIBRATE, QUIET, NORMAL, PHONE ONLY, OFF? Right now it is on 'normal', and I saw how to change the ringtone for the calls, but did not see anything for messages--or is it all the same?
    12-26-08 03:39 PM
    yes, you have to click it, then you will have a list of things you can change
    12-26-08 03:42 PM
    Highlight the porfiles icon, and push in the trackball. Scroll down to advanced and push in the trackball. Highlight normal, and push the applications button (the one to the left of the trackball) and choose edit.

From there it should be clear to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 07:11 PM
    Thx Folks, I've been trying to change these things for awhile. The Sonar was driving me nuts, lol. To all of you out there looking out for us Newbies, THX
    07-19-09 06:32 AM
    Thanks everyone. I am phone savoy but this blackberry is a challenge. I sat up all night trying to figure out how to change the ringtones. I will not challenge myself like that again. I will be on this website more often
    02-12-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD