Is there a setting to change how the bb names files when taking pictures? Whenever I load a new OS version or I had to replace my bb, the filename starts out as IMG00001. How can I set it so my files will be named IMG10001 to prevent overwriting pictures that I have previously taken? More importantly, I want the new files to come after the files that have been previously taken so pictures mixed up.

Derek
    04-05-08 08:32 AM
    Hmm...I've only seen the option to change the file name once you've taken the pic.
    How about if you set the pics you take now to save in another folder in your media card. That way the new pics don't over ride the old ones. It's not the optimal solution but at least your previous pics aren't erased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-08 09:52 AM
    I tend to name all my pictures rather than having them numbered, so you could do this to the pictures you currently have. JoJo's suggestion is a good idea.
    04-05-08 10:01 AM
    I normally leave my pictures named as the camera names them. I'll add a 'b' or 'c' to edited pictures or the dimensions if I resize them and leave the originals untouched. Instead of naming them by what is in the picture or what the event is, my pictures reside in their own folder. For example, pictures of my daughter go in a folder called Rhiannon. If I feel real energetic then I will add keywords and tags to the pictures themselves. Plus, renaming them on the phone takes too much considering I normally just snap a picture, save it, and move on.

Changing the folder that the pictures get stored is probably going to be my only course of action to ensure that there are no problems with filenames. I can always batch rename the once they get transfered on to the computer but that's just more work that I don't wanna do if I don't have to.

Derek
    04-05-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD