I did a search of the forums and each thread on disappearing e-mails seemed to be caused by a lack of memory, which I know isn't the issue as I have 26604048 bytes free right now. Additionally, my e-mails aren't disappearing on a regular basis (i.e. each morning) as I saw in one thread. I currently have two e-mails from 3/20 and 3/13 that haven't been deleted from my Yahoo! Mailbox or BB, but e-mails that haven't been deleted from my Yahoo! dated from earlier in the month aren't showing on my BB. I have my BB set to save forever. Could it be because those e-mails were received prior to me buying the BB? I had a couple other e-mails that I received AFTER getting my BB that aren't showing, either, but I just checked my desktop and they've mysteriously disappeared there, as well, and I know I didn't delete the ones I'm thinking of. Any ideas? Could some issue with my BB have deleted them from my desktop, too? All of my away messages on my AOL instant messenger magically disappeared after using WebMessenger on my BB recently, as well...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 02:01 PM
    I know you mentioned that you have your settings to "save forever" but you might double check them because there are different settings for "In Holster" and "Out of Holster". It sounds to me like the BB is set to delete after so many days.
    03-25-08 04:57 PM
    I know you mentioned that you have your settings to "save forever" but you might double check them because there are different settings for "In Holster" and "Out of Holster". It sounds to me like the BB is set to delete after so many days.
    There isn't a separate in holster/out of holster setting for how long messages are to be kept.

Even if you have keep forever set for how long to keep messages, the OS can still dump messages if the device is running out of free space. Hence why you shouldn't use the keep forever option.

Go to Options > Status, and report how much you have for File Free.
    03-25-08 05:19 PM
    I already posted my free space above. It's not a memory option and I don't keep many e-mails saved in the first place.

03-25-08 08:12 PM
    *memory ISSUE

03-25-08 08:14 PM
    In regards to changes on my BB affecting my laptop computer: I put up an away message on WebMessenger that says "Via BlackBerry." I noticed when I logged onto AIM from home that an away message saying "Via BlackBerry" had been added to my existing away messages. I've never created an away message saying that on my laptop, so clearly using it on my BB is making changes to it. Wonder if that's what wiped out the e-mails I wanted to keep and my prior away messages on my laptop.

03-27-08 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD