Just got off the phone with Sprint and they took me to this screen and made a few changes. I've got the password and was wondering if there is any changes I can make to this to improve reception or roaming capabilities?
    Last edited by bhollar; 10-07-09 at 02:13 PM.
    10-07-09 02:02 PM
    Don't everybody jump at once.
    10-07-09 07:37 PM
    About the only thing in that screen to adjust is the prl. That's probably what they had you change. That's just a code that tells your phone which towers to roam on. Your provider is probably the best to decide that as they know who they have agreements in place with. Mess with too much in there and you'll be holding a brick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 08:05 PM
    About the only thing in that screen to adjust is the prl. That's probably what they had you change. That's just a code that tells your phone which towers to roam on. Your provider is probably the best to decide that as they know who they have agreements in place with. Mess with too much in there and you'll be holding a brick.

Thanks for the response.
    10-07-09 08:38 PM
    No problem. I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for but enjoy your berry.

10-07-09 09:03 PM
    No problem. I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for but enjoy your berry.

When you mean holding a brick, do you mean they will brick the service or my berry will brick itself?
    10-08-09 06:44 AM
    When you mean holding a brick, do you mean they will brick the service or my berry will brick itself?
    I believe they meant that by playing around too much in the edit screens YOU could turn your phone into a paperweight. LOL

If you need to get the latest PLR, you can dial *228 (I believe), then option 2.
    10-08-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD