okay so i have a question about some cdma phones.

my friend has a Blackberry pearl on verizon, she spilt water on it and now its not working too great.

i happen to have a spare 8330 i was going to give her, but its sprint.

now i have the unlock code for the sprint 8330. after entering that can the phone be activated on her verizon network or is she SOL?

thanks
    02-02-10 02:59 AM
    Sol. Sorry but sprint and vz will not add a device that is from another carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 04:21 AM
    damn.. even with an unlocked cdma phone? that sucks
    02-03-10 02:12 AM
    Oh, and if someone gave you or you paid for an unlock code, you got ripped. CDMA phones don't unlock, they must be flashed and Sprint/Verizon don't do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 04:58 AM
    Now wait not necessarily.

You can try and call Verizon and see if you can activate it. Just call their customer service number and give them the ESN. Tell them it is a Verizon phone and see if it is at least can be activated.

Then go ahead and update the phone with the official Verizon version and hope it works.

You may have issues with data, but it may be fixable. Visit www [dot] howardforums [dot] com and see if you can get some answers there.
    02-03-10 12:39 PM
    That probably won't work. VZW will know by the ESN that the device is not a VZW device, and they will refuse to allow it on their network.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-03-10 01:51 PM
    its worth a shot. i didnt pay anything for the sprint curve so **** if i can reflash it with vzw software and verizon will activate it, they hey i got lucky, but if not she will have to get a new phone.
    02-03-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD