I'm switching from a Pearl to a Curve, do they use the same car chargers?
    02-29-08 08:34 AM
    I don't have a definite answer but I would think it would. As long as it has a miniUSB connector. The power requirements are universal.
    02-29-08 09:29 AM
    I did switch from the Pearl to the Curve, and yes, the same car charger works for both.
    02-29-08 09:45 AM
    ........not to be rude, but isn't it obvious it is the same? Most anything that charges via USB will be the same.
    02-29-08 10:26 AM
    USB connector doesn't necessarily mean it will charge a BB properly. Varying rates of charge, voltage output may not be suitable for a BB. If the charger is made for a BB, it will work for other BB's. (of similar age)
    02-29-08 10:43 AM
    The USB charger for my Garmin fits, but it doesn't work. The charger for my wife's Pearl works for my Curve.
    02-29-08 11:45 AM
    ........not to be rude, but isn't it obvious it is the same? Most anything that charges via USB will be the same.
    Actually this is not always the case. The charging cords for my Blackberry's and my wife's Razr look almost exactly alike yet mine will not charge hers and vice versa.
    02-29-08 12:57 PM
    Yeah, it'll work.
    02-29-08 03:02 PM
    Yes. I switched from a Pearl to a Curve. It works.
    02-29-08 04:24 PM
    Actually this is not always the case. The charging cords for my Blackberry's and my wife's Razr look almost exactly alike yet mine will not charge hers and vice versa.
    Are you sure because I just used the one from my Razer V3 and it charged my BB. I also used the travel charger from the Razer V3 and that also works.

What got me is I plugged it into the car charger. The yellow light was flashing on my BB. I go get something to eat and within 10min the phone is charged? That was fast and I am wondering if this might be a problem
    02-29-08 05:51 PM
    Safest way is to use the designated cord for any device, but BB model to different BB model should be fine. I wouldn't advise brand to brand switching, just in case - why risk it?
    02-29-08 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD