I just bought a Curve 8320 from T-Mobile yesterday. I've been trying to download some apps, mostly 3rd party ones which require data. In general, they give me an error message about timing out or not being able to access data. I've searched around for fixes and tried setting the APN to wap.voicestream.com, checked all the permissions, and followed troubleshooting steps if the apps had any. Some of the apps I've been trying to use were Vlingo, MobiPocket Reader, etc. When I called earlier about a different issue, they verified that my phone was set as a BlackBerry on their end (since I just switched from a Sidekick 3) and that I had the unlimited data & e-mail plan. Does anyone have any idea why it's not working or what can I do to fix it? It ONLY happens in 3rd party apps.. web browser, e-mail, and IM clients are all fine. Thanks

UPDATE: I tried calling T-Mobile today, and the rep kept telling me that it's a problem with the apps themselves, not the data/their end. He also told me that since I have my APN set as well as my permissions, there's nothing else he can do or check. I don't think that's the problem, seeing as how every single 3rd party app except Google Maps and Opera give me the same error about not being able to access the data/requests timing out, and those same apps work for other people. I'm going to have to try to call back later and get a different rep I guess.

UPDATE 2: I finally got it working. For some reason, it will only work when I enable Wi-Fi, but I have it at home anyways, so no big deal. Thank you guys for your suggestions though! You're super helpful.
    Last edited by truebeliever367; 07-09-08 at 04:46 PM.
    07-08-08 10:14 PM
    Go to manage connections and services status. What does it say under BlackBerry Internet Service Connection? What does it say under Mobile Network?
    07-08-08 10:23 PM
    Go to manage connections and services status. What does it say under BlackBerry Internet Service Connection? What does it say under Mobile Network?
    Under BlackBerry Internet Service Connection, it says Mobile Network. And under Mobile Network, it says EDGE.
    07-08-08 10:28 PM
    You have left both the username and password blank for the APN correct? The only other suggestion would be to check the permissions again.
    07-08-08 10:33 PM
    You have left both the username and password blank for the APN correct? The only other suggestion would be to check the permissions again.
    Yes, the username and password are both blank. I'll try checking permissions again. I think when I checked them last, everything was set to allow. But thanks for the help.
    07-08-08 10:36 PM
    You should expand each section and check everything under each one.
    07-08-08 10:42 PM
    You should expand each section and check everything under each one.
    I did, and still no luck. I'll try calling T-Mobile again and seeing if they can do anything.
    07-08-08 11:03 PM
    It may be a little late in the game to ask this but
    what OS are you running?
    07-08-08 11:23 PM
    It may be a little late in the game to ask this but
    what OS are you running?
    I'm using OS 4.2.2.180
    07-08-08 11:35 PM
    after changing permissions, did you do a reset? if not, just hit alt + rt shift + del

maybe resending your service books will help, as there may be some books missing for TCP connections.
    07-09-08 02:42 AM
    after changing permissions, did you do a reset? if not, just hit alt + rt shift + del

maybe resending your service books will help, as there may be some books missing for TCP connections.
    I've tried rebooting as well as resending the service books a few times, again to no avail. But thanks for the suggestions
    07-09-08 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD